NASA FCU

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: NASA FCU

@wacdenney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

OK I called in to ask what documents would work for proof of residency and I guess my gun permit was acceptable.  Account approved and opened!!  Woot!!

The girl said I would recieve an email by the end of the day.  No HP notifications yet.  I have daily pulls on EQ, but I already updated it this morning.  As soon as I get a notification I will update.

Now to start scoping out those cards!

I'm surprised you did it in that order (join and then see if there is a card you want!).   They have a good rewards card (Plat Cash Rewards) that gives 2% on the amount over $2K spend per year.  However, rewards are paid annually, which is a negative unless you want a big lump sum once a year as an enforced saving method.

I was able to browse the cards, but to be honest what I'm really after is a 5 figure limit.  It wouldn't let me apply without logging in.  Or I couldn't find any way to anyway.

Yes, I will likely apply for the cash rewards card.  Hoping for a ridiculously high limit. 

Perhaps in the future I may utilize some of their other lending services.  I have a couple of vehicle purchases coming in the not too distant future for sure.  I like my local credit union but they seem a little conservative.

The UN FCU Visa Elite card has credit limits up to $100,000.00 but it does have a $50 annual fee...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 38
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Man this is weird.  I still haven't seen an HP anywhere.  My share savings was spproved and setup yesterday, though they still haven't drafted the $5 to fund it and my CC app is still sitting there with a status of "PENDING".  I'm not sure how I got approved for membership without an HP.  I get EQ monitoring through Complete Advantage, Ex monitoring through Protect my ID and Credit Sesame, and TU monitoring through Credit Karma.  If they had done a pull I should have heard about it by now.  On the other hand...  My EQ FAKO has gone up 13 points in the last 2 days so maybe it's good they are dragging their feet.

Does anyone know if this is normal at all?  I'm used to an approved or denied by now and calling in for recon.  I'm not sure if I should call them now or let it ride for a day or two.

Message 12 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I'm not sure how I got approved for membership without an HP. 

I joined back in November and no inquiry was done. Maybe once a human sees membership was established they'll do a hard for the credit card.

Message 13 of 38
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

OK I couldn't resist and called in.  The girl said the app was in underwriting which was normal and it would take 2 to 3 days to hear back from them.  I guess they just move a little slower than my local CU.

Message 14 of 38
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

OK I couldn't resist and called in.  The girl said the app was in underwriting which was normal and it would take 2 to 3 days to hear back from them.  I guess they just move a little slower than my local CU.

I'm interested in knowing the outcome.  Keep us postedCat Happy

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 15 of 38
toi34
Established Contributor

Membership is a soft on EX. If your CC application was not instantly approved then it may be declined. There is an underwriter at NASA who is mean and nasty (there are a few threads about her on this site...look it up), she declines ALL applications for sport...even those who have 750+ ficos.

Good Luck!

Message 16 of 38
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My NASA FCU application was declined.  However, the next day I got an instant approval for 4k from DCU.  4k isn't the 5 figures I was hoping for, but it is 2k more than the card it replaces.  I am going to go ahead and look at the whole endevor as a net gain.  Other than CSP this winter, I am definately DONE apping for anything else for a very long time.

Message 17 of 38
Ron1
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

My NASA FCU application was declined.  However, the next day I got an instant approval for 4k from DCU.  4k isn't the 5 figures I was hoping for, but it is 2k more than the card it replaces.  I am going to go ahead and look at the whole endevor as a net gain.  Other than CSP this winter, I am definately DONE apping for anything else for a very long time.

That's why I hold off not to join NASA FCU.

Ron.

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Please, what different forms of proof-of-residence does NASA FCU accept? If anyone has a comprehensive list they could share, that would be awesome! Proof of residence is the only thing holding up my application at the moment.

Thanks.

Message 19 of 38
sarahlee7
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello.

Please, what different forms of proof-of-residence does NASA FCU accept? If anyone has a comprehensive list they could share, that would be awesome! Proof of residence is the only thing holding up my application at the moment.

Thanks.

Utility bill?  Drivers' license? is usually all it takes to prove where you live.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.