9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NASA fcu

@Jccflat wrote:

So I have ea pre approvel from nasa fcu 

is it worth it ? 
Arw they giving large limits?

NASA pre-approvals are not 100% guaranteed. You can search the Applications subforum for members who received similar offers. Any approved SLs will be profile-dependent. You can also search the Approvals section for any recent NASA FCU approvals to get an idea of some reported DPs.

Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am curious what CRA will NASA FCU would pull from? Most of the CUs use EQ for their credit inquiries. Wonder NASA would do the same.

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am curious what CRA will NASA FCU would pull from? Most of the CUs use EQ for their credit inquiries. Wonder NASA would do the same.

No.

They use EX and an older FICO (mortgage) version for applications.  If you've opened several accounts and/or multiple inquiries in the past 12 months, you might consider gardening for real -- if your goal is to have a CC with NASA.

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

No.

They use EX and an older FICO (mortgage) version for applications.  If you've opened several accounts and/or multiple inquiries in the past 12 months, you might consider gardening for real -- if your goal is to have a CC with NASA.

This. Ive tried twice before for membership could never complete it. Finally got in a couple months ago, can confirm they do use Ex, still got denied a cc. They do not like debt , and im guessing not a fan of low income or as stated too many hps.  This is based off my experience , others may offer different experiences.  Dont think ill try again for a cc with them. 

OP, if you feel its worth a try you can go for it but this isnt NASA from years past. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 10
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

They pre approved me 3 times and denied me each time. Im done trying to get in with NASA.

Message 6 of 10
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Pre-qualed and approved for $20K.  I guess this isn't 100% for everyone, but it's not 0% either.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Ok-so-I-m-weak-NASA-rewards-card-approved-20K...

Message 7 of 10
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Are the bk Friendly?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp  Great to hear NASA FCU has a credit card prequalification tool. Dover FCU is also open to everyone, and they have a prequalification tool as well.

Message 9 of 10
RootDet
Established Contributor

NASA also dislikes large amounts of unsecured credit lines. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.