Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY 2nd Card Denied BUT CLI Accepted?!

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

NAVY 2nd Card Denied BUT CLI Accepted?!

So I couldn't wait until the 14th like I was going to haha.     Shot my shot at the CLI said 24 hour review which made me nervous already....but Since it was a Friday thought we will see Saturday I chatted with a online rep Saturday who said Lending wanted to review it to give it another 24 hours and I should know today (Sunday) since they take 24-48 hours sooo....Hmmm interesting Ok.       Just to give DP's I only put 25 into checking, 25 into savings and of course made my utilization lower on this card before apping my Internal EQ was 633, although it says 642 on MYFICO EQ9.      I did NOT set up DD with them because I wanted to see if that does or doesn't play into things as well as I kept my UTL a bit higher (but lower than my first cards approval ((over 85%)) to see if there was a possibility even with higher UTL so I dropped it to 83% keeping it under MAXED.     I checked this morning and I have available 1037.49 out of 600 CL lmao so I got the increase (just not sure if that exact amount?! or maybe 1100 since I believe I had 30 or 40 dollars on the 600.....and since I was feeling it apped for the Plat as my second card, but Nope not now they said I'll get a letter in 7-10 days which I am assuming is your UTL is to high LOL, my TU9 is at 641 right now but I'm not sure their internal TU score for me and of course that is understandable.   ^^     Just wanted to provide my 2 cents and DP's for those out there that may be in the same spot and now I wait my next 91 days to try again for my Plat XD     So do I wait 91 days for another CLI request as well?!      If anyone thinks a call in or a Chat online might help I don't mind calling/reaching out to get the details before waiting on Snail Mail lol but I'm pretty sure it's a no because of my UTL (which again is understandable).

41 REPLIES 41
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NAVY 2nd Card Denied BUT CLI Accepted?!

Congratulations on your CLI!

After your initial 91/3 CLI on the card. It now becomes a 6 month CLI interval.
Message 2 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Yay Girl! update that siggySmiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice goingSmiley Happy dont worry, youll get the Plat eventually.  Work abit on your cranberry and you should be ok next time!

Message 4 of 42
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy @AllZero Ty Ty.         @AverageJoesCredit Cranberry LMAO I will the funny thing is I don't want to rush the cards I have X years to pay set on them (like my HD and the stupid Medical One I am still butthurt about ROFL) so the Medical one is at 70 something percent now dropping every month of course, but the HD is still 89 or 90% I think because I have 2 years to pay off the Fridge and Mower I bought for my home LOL Same with my Chase card I want to say it is 83 or so% because I put our newer Septic part 2k SHEESH lol and our engagement rings another 2k on etc so to me and I know I may get backlash for this but I don't see the point to RUSH them to pay it off when they are on set times whether it is 6 months, 1 year or the 2 years for the HD so I get my UTL is high but never a late payment who knows I may pay it off faster just so I can pop my UTL back to get me bigger increases LMAO just a turtle trying to play a rabbits game XD    But hey at least it's great for DPs too!   Paha plus I'm not in a rush to get more I just want them LMAO which is also my kryptonite Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 42
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin   Now it is your turn..... I JUMPED X'D

Message 6 of 42
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI, sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

In the future you may want to think about applying for the new card .. before the CLI.

Message 7 of 42
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007    I may do that as well I asked if CLI before or after would be better but didn't really get a definitive answer, but in my head I was thinking if they see a higher limit with a low use from the CLI that may help with overall UTL and may help with approval for the 2nd card LMAO eh live and learn which I seem to be doing a lot of lately XD

Message 8 of 42
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Girlzilla88"Live and hopefully learn" is my mottoSmiley Very Happy

The main part is that you learnSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 42
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@M_Smart007    I may do that as well I asked if CLI before or after would be better but didn't really get a definitive answer, but in my head I was thinking if they see a higher limit with a low use from the CLI that may help with overall UTL and may help with approval for the 2nd card LMAO eh live and learn which I seem to be doing a lot of lately XD

You will get that 2nd card down the road, I am pretty sure of thisSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.