Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FEDERAL EXTREME APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NAVY FEDERAL EXTREME APPROVAL

so I thought I should share, I signed up for navy fed and got a $5000 sig card .... my util is about 50%, scores low 600'   ...I went on a app spree a couple months ago denied by 4 approved by 5 cards... so i was surprised by the approval ...

I also tried to apply for another card w/ them but they denied the second app....

I have only 1 coll and a judgment reporting on 1 bureau

but my husband applied a with 580 scores, default student loans, IRS judgment, co, and 2 coll and was approved for 2 cards both for $10k each

we were floored .....

just thought i'd share.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: NAVY FEDERAL EXTREME APPROVAL

@Anonymous wrote:

so I thought I should share, I signed up for navy fed and got a $5000 sig card .... my util is about 50%, scores low 600'   ...I went on a app spree a couple months ago denied by 4 approved by 5 cards... so i was surprised by the approval ...

I also tried to apply for another card w/ them but they denied the second app....

but my husband applied a with 580 scores, default student loans, IRS judgment, co, and 2 coll and was approved for 2 cards both for $10k each

we were floored .....

Congrats on the new card and CL!!  I knew NFCU was kind but i didnt know that kind! haha.. Good for you though!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Lol? Congrats? I don't even know what to say.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 10
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

That is awesome! I can't wait until Jan. when we will be able to join. Congrats!

Message 4 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !

That's a heck of an approval for $10K eeach with a judgement and collections. Was it instant approval or recon?

How old are the collections and judgement?

I have read on ehre people with scores win the high 500's and even 600's getting flat out denied and offfered secured cards.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Congrats !

That's a heck of an approval for $10K eeach with a judgement and collections. Was it instant approval or recon?

I have read on ehre people with scores win the high 500's and even 600's getting flat out denied and offfered secured cards.

well his collection is from last year and the judgement is from 2009 also it was an instant approval

my scores are better than his and they didnt give me that much

Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

we were floored .....

CONGRATS!!!

That's just insane with those scores, make sure you both take good care of them!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Congrats !

well his collection is from last year and the judgement is from 2009 also it was an instant approval

my scores are better than his and they didnt give me that much

NFCU rocks !!

Message 8 of 10
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I know how you feel, same thing happed to me.   I applied thinking I may get declined and POW a $10,000 credit line.   I was on the phone with a friend and started screaming like a school girl in disbelief.  I love NFCU!  I have since obtained an unsecured loan of $500 to build my credit more.  NFCU has been great!  I hope to get a car loan thru them someday soon.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one thig I dont know if anyone can help me with this,.....

me and my husband separated and i stayed with a friend for a while and thats how i got in ...... 

i then told my husband And he app through marriage and got in .....

now we may be getting back together so the question is will i have problems changing my address so soon and has anyone heard of navy closing accnts for any reasons

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.