cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE FOR NEW CARDS

tag
raymondpk

NEED ADVICE FOR NEW CARDS

I got so much information through this forum, but still confused and not sure what to do.

My credit report has all different information. 

Experian (FICO 740)

Oldest Account Age 7.8 and AAoa 3.9 years

Boa CC (Closed)

2006 2007
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
OK 30 OK OK OK OK OK 30 60 OK 30 60 30 60 90 120 120 120 120 KD KD KD ND OK

Capital One

AUG
OK

Equifax (No Score Available)

Oldest Account Age 0

Capital One Bank Usa Na 7/2012 $26 Paid or paying as agreed 

Transunion(771)

Oldest Account Age 8

Capital One Bank Usa Na 7/2012 $26 Paid or paying as agreed 
Commonwealth Marketing G 1/2004 $0 Paid or paying as agreed 

I made a stupid mistake by validating debt that had $650 collection. on Experian. FICO initially 650, and that made 540. 

I didn't know that would lower the score. 

Any way I was able to to pay all the collection and delete all the record execpt that BOA. on experian. 

Since June 2012, it was 650 down to 540 and went up to 740. 

I applied Cap 1 while experian was on 540 with 1 collection report other than BOA, but they approved me for $500 unsecured card. 

I buy things alot through amazon, and applied Amazon Visa and denied. I didn't even bother to recon after I read through several post. 

My wife has good credit history. I worried about affecting her credit by adding me for AU. Now I know it dosen't hurt at all .

She just added one cc for AU which shed had more than 10 years with $10,000 limit.

My cousin has NFCU membership so, he will add me in to NFCU in one to two month. 

I know 1 cc is not enough to build credit. I am in NY with $55,000 income.

1. Should I app for warmart? zync? chase freedom? DCU? PENFED?

2. Is itbetter to  wait until AU gets reported and pull the trigger?

3. Is going to help my credit by adding more her cc AU? 

I learned so much through all the good commenters. I need your advice!!

Thnk you!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NEED ADVICE FOR NEW CARDS

1. I would wait for the AU card to show up.

2. NFCU - All you need is his Access/Member Number - and you can do it online yourself using that (you can't get anywhere with that so he doesn't need to worry about you haaving some direct access line to his account or something... I would probably start with them after the AU also.

3. Zync - after first 2

4. No CHASE - You just got declined Amazon Visa (That is Chase, and you should ALWAYS Recon when it's a bank we have direct phone lines into underwriters that actually CAN override the system)

5. Try for Amazon Store if you shop a ton, get's 0% on regular purchases over $249 - it's through GE, so much easier to get and if you use it and pay on time, GE usually will grow fast every 4 or so months, most report an auto CLI around 3-4 and then future ones you usually have to ask for.. .they are always SP and more recently we have been able to request to underwriting if computer says no and do Manual SP CLI reviews) also after your AU and Navy!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.