Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP!!

tag
cuwhite5
Valued Member

NEED HELP!!

Good day to all. I have been a member on the forum for months now and I have been really enjoying all the great info you guys give. Yesterday I finally got my Trans Union and Equifax scores from myFICO and to my surprise they were higher than I expected. My Trans Union score was 711 and my Equifax score was 692. After reading the reports, the only thing that was not good was me not having enough credit. My question to the forum is how can I go about getting more credit? My report from Trans Union only have a judgment that falls off in Aug 2012. My Equifax report has a utility bill that falls off next month and the same judgment .  My question to the forum is how can I go about getting more credit? Which card companies should I target?

Starting Score: TU 717 EQ 701
Current Score: TU 794 EQ 760 DISCOVER MONTHLY 799 JUNE 2014) 807 TU BARCLAYCARD (JUNE2014)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your Help Please!!

With no credit cards on your credit reports, I am wondering how you have a FICO score?

Message 1 of 6
cuwhite5
Valued Member

Sorry for not mentioning how these scores  became. I have just had a lot of negatives fall off my credit from 2004. I have 2 sub prime credit cards  Premier and 1 HSBC. I have had the premier card since 2004 and the HSBC since Oct 5 of this month. My previous credit history started in 1998. I have 8 accounts from then that are closed but are in good standing.

Current Score: TU 794 EQ 760 DISCOVER MONTHLY 799 JUNE 2014) 807 TU BARCLAYCARD (JUNE2014)

Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I would bet you qualify for a great card - Go to your bank or credit union and ask if you could get their Visa, or better yet, go to the Credit Card forum here, tell them your scores, and ask them what would be the best rewards card if that is what you are looking for. Good luck!
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
cuwhite5
Valued Member

Thanks Booner 72. I will post there.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED HELP!!

@cuwhite5 wrote:

My question to the forum is how can I go about getting more credit? Which card companies should I target?

A very useful tool--resource--website that is often recommended here is: whogavemecredit just search by your State to begin with and scroll down to the bottom to see the latest entries.  You can see what kind of scores it took to get accepted by which company and how much credit was given to each applicant.

Hope this helps! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.