Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Credit Card will report when?

tag
CreditAngel
Valued Member

NEW Credit Card will report when?

Does any one know when a NEW credit card shows/reports on your CRAs?  I was wondering if it could be either of these Date of Activation, Date of Approval OR Date of first purchase.......................

My NEW cc is with NFCU.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEW Credit Card will report when?

Sometimes it can show up a few days after approval, at least that has been the case for me.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

@CreditAngel wrote:

Does any one know when a NEW credit card shows/reports on your CRAs?  I was wondering if it could be either of these Date of Activation, Date of Approval OR Date of first purchase.......................

My NEW cc is with NFCU.

There is no such thing like when it will report, many banks report around 1st statement and some (like amex) can take longer. This said, AFAIK when they report, they report from 1st day of the month they were approved. so even if you were approved on 1/29 your card date will be 1/1

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 4
danisgods
Regular Contributor

It all depends , the best way is to call and ask, or simply wait Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.