Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

I have the Discover it as well. Just got it last week. Just wondering if that EQ hit shows up while I am waiting on my US Bank app. if I apply for the it Miles.
Message 81 of 488
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am a bit surprised about the hype...

"Pay for travel with your card. Then redeem Miles in any amount to credit your travel purchases, or get cash at any time"

....it is the BofA travel rewards card but as a Discover with less acceptance.  ??  WiFi is nice but you need an airline which can process Discover online. So no international use.

I will pass Smiley Wink   Partnering with FT programs and offer to transfer the miles would have gotten me at least thinking about it.

Message 82 of 488
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

So in other words, if you're a student, you get the Chrome period, if not, you can choose the IT or Miles. But a non-student cannot just apply for the Chrome. Correct?

You can get the it or miles if you are a student. I'm saying if you are applying for the student card specifically (for the easier UW criteria student cards have), then you only have the option of applying for the student Chrome. And yes, only students can apply for the student card. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 83 of 488
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I'm confused. Where is everyone seeing the 3x posted?

It appears it's 1.5 miles for every dollar. That's less than Venture (2%) and Arrival+ (2.2%) on travel.

Message 84 of 488
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think the Discover acceptance thing is way overblown, at least in the US. Almost all major stores/restaurants/whatever accept Discover. I've never had to use a card other than my Discover if I was planning to use it.

As far as it being BOA Travel Rewards: it essentially is the same except for the first year being 3%. After the first year, they are the same, but Discover does SP CLI's and APR reductions (dunno where BOA stands on that) so there is that.

Message 85 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

It appears it's 1.5 miles for every dollar. That's less than Venture (2%) and Arrival+ (2.2%) on travel.

It says they double the miles at the end of the year

Message 86 of 488
northface28
Established Contributor

Im a sucker, I want it, because its new and itll allow me to get out of my Venture and the AF. (Feeble attempt to talk myself into apping for this card, self-justification, the worst kind)

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 87 of 488
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

Double miles for first year only.

Message 88 of 488
northface28
Established Contributor

1.5 x 2= 3. Not being a snob.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 89 of 488
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

The advantage of this card over both of those cards is you aren't penalized for cash redemptions. The Arrival and Venture both only give you half value. This card lets you redeem for either travel expenses or cash and get the same value either way. To me, that's much more fair. Why should they devalue your miles just because you redeem for cash?

Message 90 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.