cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

@enharu

I heard about those OLED TVs late last year. They are suppose to be a lot thinner due to the fact that they don't require backlighting like the LED TVs that are on the market right now. I felt a little envious since I had just bought a new TV (Samsung LED TV) early last year and heard about this new technology. Maybe in a couple years to replace the TV in my living room Smiley Happy

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 21 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Idk if they are like the other GE cards and I can expect a CLI in 4 mos. it would be nice
Message 22 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jakemod1

The LED is such a step up from that DLP it replaced- I can't believe it took me that long.
Message 23 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Lexie yeah it would be nice if your first auto cli jumps it to $6000. With that CL you will have more options at SONY.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 24 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@jakemod1

The LED is such a step up from that DLP it replaced- I can't believe it took me that long.

Yeah, definitely a good call! Last time I saw a DLP was back when Circuit City was still in business. I had a plasma from Panasonic prior to the LED. My parents inherited it and it still works like a charm, although only a 720p.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 25 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jakemod1

I wasn't thinking about replacing my hunchback Toshiba but that 0% APR ( getting it back on topic) was too enticing.
Message 26 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

@enharu

I heard about those OLED TVs late last year. They are suppose to be a lot thinner due to the fact that they don't require backlighting like the LED TVs that are on the market right now. I felt a little envious since I had just bought a new TV (Samsung LED TV) early last year and heard about this new technology. Maybe in a couple years to replace the TV in my living room Smiley Happy

OLED TVs are really nice. They can be as thick as a piece of paper if the processors and other internals are placed elsewhere (highest end Samsung TVs are generally designed this way). However because there are so limited on the market, it's hard to tell how good or bad they are. Picture quality wise OLED is supposed to be way better than anything else, but traditional OLED has the problem of blue diode dying too quickly in OLED TVs as compared to LEDs. Not sure if Samsung or any of those manufacturers has fixed this problem yet, but I'm sure the reputable manufactuers will have some solution of some sort rather than to release a half baked product.

Samsung and other manufacturers showed off some really nice TVs at CES this year. There's a 65 inch 4K OLED TV that will retail for approx 40k USD. LG has some OLED TVs that can be ordered via special order (Asia region only for now) as well and so far they're backordered for a few months.

TVs are definitely changing a lot in the near future. The prices should go down nicely in the next couple of years so there's no real rush to get them, since none of the broadcasters or even content in bluray are in 4K resolution yet. The PlayStation 4 is supposedly going to be able to support 4K resolution.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah thats true. Holiday season is approaching up very quickly and by then they shall be on sale. We shall see.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 28 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't think they'll be on some crazy fire sales as the lower end TVs are usually at the end of each year. Only because the cost price is still so high, and so little quanitites are being made. Some of the models can only be obtained through special orders.

Next year holiday season........definitely though! Smiley Very Happy Looking forward to it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats true @enharu. Who knows what next year has in store for us when it comes to technology.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.