cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 5%/5x Dining Rewards Promo

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Navy More Rewards offer for everyone?

I got the 5% cash back on gas, restaurants and transit up to $1000 on my cash rewards. Was really excited until I saw the $1000 limit but realistically, I probably won't even come close to that limit anyway! I've got to dust my card out now. 😆
Message 51 of 61
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU 5%/5x Dining Rewards Promo

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Probably a stupid question, but... Platinums are ineligible for this, right? I assume it's only for the rewards cards.

Not a stupid question at all. 

The way you activate the offer is by clicking the 'rewards' link on the credit card account page, and since the Platinum card has no such link (since it doesn't routinely earn rewards) I'm assuming it won't be eligible. 

This is one of those cases where I'd love to be proven wrong, though. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 61
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Probably a stupid question, but... Platinums are ineligible for this, right? I assume it's only for the rewards cards.

The way you activate the offer is by clicking the 'rewards' link on the credit card account page, and since the Platinum card has no such link (since it doesn't routinely earn rewards) I'm assuming it won't be eligible. 

This is one of those cases where I'd love to be proven wrong, though. Smiley Happy

Emboldened by your post, I called Navy to ask. Answer: Platinum cards are not eligible.

Message 53 of 61
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Emboldened by your post, I called Navy to ask. Answer: Platinum cards are not eligible.

Rewards are beneath PlatinumsSmiley Wink

Message 54 of 61
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I think what Joe is saying here, He keeps the Platinum on top of the stackSmiley Very Happy

Message 55 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Unless you use it for Member Deals. Platinum does qualify for those. 

Message 56 of 61
collics
Established Contributor

Don't have this offer on my More Rewards but my intro offer just ended Apr 20.

I'll be sure to check My Offers regularly now.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 57 of 61
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@collics wrote:

Be sure to check in your rewards portal kind of regularly, they don’t always let you know that there's an offer from what I've heard.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 58 of 61
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@collics wrote:

Be sure to check in your rewards portal kind of regularly, they don’t always let you know that there's an offer from what I've heard.

Neither the DW or I received and email or notice but sure enough, the 5% Dining deal was in our rewards section waiting. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 59 of 61
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@collics wrote:

Neither the DW or I received and email or notice but sure enough, the 5% Dining deal was in our rewards section waiting. 

I'm glad you two were able to take advantage of it. 

I heard of some members checking only to see they had an expired offer in their rewards portal. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.