cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 91/3 coming up next week for #3 credit card.

tag
DCreationrebel
New Contributor

NFCU 91/3 coming up next week for #3 credit card.

Greetings to all,

I currently have 2 NFCU credit cards, cashRewards Visa Signature&GoRewards Visa Signature. I just added Discover 5%, Citi Double Cash & Target REDcard.

I will add 1 more then head to the Garden until 1/2021. Anyone who have NFCU what is a good 3rd card to get? I'm eyeballing the Platinum or Flagship.

2015:
. Wells Fargo Platinum Visa, 9/15
. Usbank Platinum Visa, 9/15

2018:

· Quicksilver MC, 4/18

· Usbank Cash Plus Visa Sig, 7/18

· Quicksilver Visa, 8/18

· Amex Gold Delta, 50,000 Skymile referral, 11/18

2019:

· NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig, 1/19

· Avant MC, 4/19

· NFCU GoRewards Visa Sig, 4/19

· Discover it 5%, 6/19

. Target REDcard, 7/19

. Citi Double Cash, 7/19
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 91/3 coming up next week for #3 credit card.

Flagship
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say the Platinum as well. 

The Flagship is nice if you can get more value out of it than the $49 AF which probably isn't that hard to do if you have any travel but having a low APR card that you can use for an emergency rather than drain a bank account is nice too.

More Rewards has the same $50 redemption threshold the GoRewards has so I don't really recommend it.

ETA: If you don't have a balance to transfer, I wouldn't get the Platinum right now. The Flagship has a nice sign up bonus if you can both hit the $4K spend for it and be approved for the $5K minimum SL the card requires. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum if you want a low interest rate card or balance transfer card.

Flagship if you want the SUB of $500 for $4k spend and 3% on travel and 2% on everything else.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flagship has a $500 sign up bonus right now. If you dont have it get it before the offer expires
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing about the Platinum is you aren’t guaranteed a low interest rate. Mine current resides at 15%. That was with a Fico 9 753
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Only thing about the Platinum is you aren’t guaranteed a low interest rate. Mine current resides at 15%. That was with a Fico 9 753

You can request a reduction once a year. 

I don’t know how they assign them. I got approved for the lowest in December with a much lower FICO 9 (I can’t remember what it was but my 8 was 652 for reference). 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can call in at the 1 year mark and get it lower. With your score, they will probably lower it close to 8.24%.

Message 8 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Platinum is for carrying balances.

Flagship is for rewards on everything with a little more for travel.

Flagship is a hard card to beat overall for PIF purchases.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.