Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AMEX PC to GO Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU AMEX PC to GO Rewards

So I was approved for the NFCU Amex More Travel card with a $15,000 CL, which I was surpised by as my TU Fico 8 is only 663.  I learned after the fact though that if I was to get approved for the GO Rewards Visa and would have received the same CL it would come as a VS, which I want because of the upgrade rewards and access to luxury hotel system.  My question is, is there any way NFCU will PC this or do I need to app again for the GO Rewards?  I dont really want another pull, but really want the VS perks.  Does the AMEX provide anything like these perks?  Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU AMEX PC to GO Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was approved for the NFCU Amex More Travel card with a $15,000 CL, which I was surpised by as my TU Fico 8 is only 663.  I learned after the fact though that if I was to get approved for the GO Rewards Visa and would have received the same CL it would come as a VS, which I want because of the upgrade rewards and access to luxury hotel system.  My question is, is there any way NFCU will PC this or do I need to app again for the GO Rewards?  I dont really want another pull, but really want the VS perks.  Does the AMEX provide anything like these perks?  Thanks for any help.

I'm also looking into NFCU cards (in my case, the cashRewards Visa Signature) - so first of all, congratulations, and this gives me optimism for when I go to apply myself later this week because my own TU FICO 8 is 662! Smiley Happy Now, I was told earlier this morning that one can PC freely between NFCU's Visa and MC cards, up or down according to what you need, but you can't PC between Visa/MC and Amex. Therefore, I think - one of the more experienced Navy hands can confirm or correct - that you'll have to apply separately for a Go Rewards; from what I've read, your best opportunity to do so will be at the 91-day/3-month mark, as NFCU does quarterly AR's which can generate offers such as CLI's or even new cards on a SP (PenFed does the same).  Congrats again and good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer! I should also say I am really excited to be approved at with such a great CL! So, I'm not upset at all about not being able to change if I can't.  But I live overseas and travel all the time and the VS would be a great thing for me with room upgrades and luxury hotels that are reasonably priced.  Thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as @Anonymous mentioned above, it appears there's no current option available to PC in/out of the More Rewards AMEX and their other CC products. That being said, it's possible this may be an option in the future.

You can call them to confirm if you wish just as a DP.
Message 4 of 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

So here’s what I don’t understand.  When I read the points redemption section of NFCU’s Program Description for the Go Rewards card, the words are appear to be exactly the same as the points redemption section of NFCU’s Program Description for the More Rewards card.  Are you really sure that Go Rewards offers better redemption options than the More Rewards card? You can find both Program Description PDFs by googling them.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Visa Signature perks are what I’m after. If approved for more that 5,000 the normal Visa is upgraded to the Visa Signature Card which carries some luxury resort perks that I find useful for travelling.
Message 6 of 8
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The Visa Signature perks are what I’m after. If approved for more that 5,000 the normal Visa is upgraded to the Visa Signature Card which carries some luxury resort perks that I find useful for travelling.

This NFCU card sounds like it would be perfect for you...

Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card

The travel perks are listed below including the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection

Travel and entertainment deals and discounts

NFCU AMEX More Rewards is a grocery/dining/gas card (not really a travel card) maybe you did a typo in your post.

Message 7 of 8
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

So here’s what I don’t understand.  When I read the points redemption section of NFCU’s Program Description for the Go Rewards card, the words are appear to be exactly the same as the points redemption section of NFCU’s Program Description for the More Rewards card.  Are you really sure that Go Rewards offers better redemption options than the More Rewards card? You can find both Program Description PDFs by googling them.

The redemptions look pretty much the same to me too. But Visa Signature cards do come with extra benefits and for the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection you book via the Visa website. Maybe that is what the OP is talking about. All the other Signature "perks" are probably listed on the Visa website too.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.