Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Abracadabra..alakazam!!!...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

NFCU Abracadabra..alakazam!!!...

So I get home today and grab the mail like I always do.  Instead of the usual bills, there is this nondescript white business envelope from NFCU addressed to my wife.  So since I am the family account anyway, I go ahead an open it and its a preparroval for her to get their GoRewards Visa.  hmmm okay.

So she goes online and completes the app including her personal invitation code and then ....okay wait, first off her highest credit limit card is a Discover with a 2K limit....okay back to where I was at, so she inputs all the relevant and required information and hits submit...she has no NFCU cards prior to this btw...so she hits submit and....

Approved with a starting limit of 7500.oo

Smiley Happy

Go me for having managed her credit back from mid 500's to now almost 700 if not over 700 (we haven't peeked at it recently).

Nice!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Abracadabra..alakazam!!!...

Awesome.  goRewards is my favorite NFCU card.   No annual fee.  No foreign transaction fee.  Points are good for cash, merchandise, or travel.  I only wish they would put a chip in it.... and possibly have promotions from time to time for extra points on certain purchases.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

So I get home today and grab the mail like I always do.  Instead of the usual bills, there is this nondescript white business envelope from NFCU addressed to my wife.  So since I am the family account anyway, I go ahead an open it and its a preparroval for her to get their GoRewards Visa.  hmmm okay.

So she goes online and completes the app including her personal invitation code and then ....okay wait, first off her highest credit limit card is a Discover with a 2K limit....okay back to where I was at, so she inputs all the relevant and required information and hits submit...she has no NFCU cards prior to this btw...so she hits submit and....

Smiley Happy

Go me for having managed her credit back from mid 500's to now almost 700 if not over 700 (we haven't peeked at it recently).

Nice!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Look at you getting wifey to scratch your app itch!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Smiley Happy

Nice!!

Congrats to DW

Another funding for Lindenberg's food allowance Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your dw!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 8
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

Smiley Happy

Nice!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Look at you getting wifey to scratch your app itch!!! Smiley Very Happy

hehe  sneaky ain't I?

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 7 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Smiley HappyNFCU simply amazing!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.