Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Account Combination Success

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

NFCU Account Combination Success

Well, I am super pumped to announce that I was able to combine two NFCU credit card accounts into one. I had 2 Cash rewards cards, one with a $10k limit and the other with a $12.6k limit and now it's $22.6k after the combination. Here is how the conversation took place: 

Navy Federal Response 02/14/2019 :

Thank you for your reply. We have closed your account ending ****, please destroy the card. The $12,600.00 credit line has been moved to Cashrewards card **** for a total line of $22,600.00. This should correctly reflect online in the next 24-48 hours. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Your Message 02/14/2019 : Omg!!! That’s wonderful news!!!! Yes, prettt please! And just to be sure, my new limit will be $22,600 on my credit card account in ****, right? Thank you so, so, so much!

Navy Federal Response 02/14/2019 :

Thank you for using Navy Federal’s Messaging Service. Per your request, we are pleased to inform you that we would be able to process moving your credit limit of $12,600.00 and closing your account ending **** to your account ending ****. Please be advised, that once the Visa Signature cashRewards account ending **** is closed, it cannot be re-opened. Please send a return message, if you would like to proceed with this request.

Your Message 02/13/2019 : Hmmmm...I believe my request may have been misinterpreted. I apologize for the confusion but I don’t want to transfer balances; I would essentially like to close my account ending in **** and transfer/increase my credit limit on my account ending in **** to $22,600. I would still have the same exact amount of credit that ai currently have but it would not be between two cards as opposed to three. I’ve had a few other NFCU members show that they were successfully able to do this on their accounts, which is how I got the idea. Am I just not eligible for such request?

Navy Federal Response 02/13/2019 : Thank you for your message. Navy Federal currently does not offer the option to combine internal lending products, such as transferring a balance from one credit card to another or a credit card balance to an existing loan within Navy Federal. We regret that a more favorable reply could not be made. If you have further questions, please let us know.

Your Message 02/12/2019 : Hi! 
I wanted to see if it would be possible to combine this credit card and my account ending in ****? The reason I would like to do this is to lower my overall utilization on my card. Right now, I am at about 90% utilization on the account ending in ****; however, if I combined it with this card that has no balance on it, my utilization would decrease to 39%, which would have a positive impact on my FICO score. Would that be doable?

I am ECSTATIC!!!!!! I hope to open up another 3rd card again in 6 months or request an increase on my other $10k limit card.

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Account Combination Success

You might want to edit your name out of the messages you're quoting.

Congrats on your cimbining cards.

Message 2 of 7
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Lol. Good catch!!!! Thank you so much!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy. Navy is da bomb!!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you! Yes they are!!! I love them! They made the deal even sweeter by approving me for their AMEX card with a SL of $12.8k! I’m done now!! Lol

Message 5 of 7
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your combo success!

Message 6 of 7
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you so much!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.