Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

CC don't let us down now ... you are a credit "Master" to say the least!

Lol master of no self control and loving free money for money I gotta spend anyways Smiley Happy.... And there is no free money here, thus passing Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

Message 22 of 229
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

Yes somehow I expect PenFed or NFCU to step up with a 2.5% card even if it is an Amex to help off-set the costs.. Someone will step up and compete with USAA, it is just matter of time and running the numbers to make it work.  It would work easier with Amex then any other card due to swipe fees, etc one would think.  Be interesting to see who will be the next person in the 2.5% back market.  Guessing PenFed or NFCU.. Don't include alliant card for 3% fir first year and AF then drops down.

Message 23 of 229
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I don't have a need for the card and without a sign up bonus much less. NFCU needs to enter the 2% as there are several options out there already (Citi DC, Blispay, Paypal,etc.). Even RFBCU changed their 3,2,1 cash rewards card to a flat 2%. 

Message 24 of 229
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Anyone been approved yet?

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 25 of 229
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I feel the same way. I discovered I preferred the real thing over the  knock offs. I did have three through other banks(Penfed, BBVA and First Nationall Bank of Omaha. Closed one of them and rarely use the other two Amex network cards. 

Message 26 of 229
kugel
Valued Contributor

Applied but the app went to review
Message 27 of 229
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 28 of 229
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

@Anonymous wife just got instant approval @Anonymous.2k 15.99% 

They do give instants if your profile supports it

Message 29 of 229
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Are they pulling TU on CCs?

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex BCP, Platinum, Gold, NFCU Flagship, Spark Biz.
Message 30 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.