Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU App itch....LOL!!

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

NFCU App itch....LOL!!

I keep reading these messages about NFCU. I'm SUPPOSED to be in the garden, but I'm getting a REEEEAAAALLLL big itch to apply for the NFCU....lmao!

arrggghhhh...I don't know how to stop it!! haha.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU App itch....LOL!!

zeusta stop! You do not need to apply now. Think how much better your credit profile will be in 6 mos. How much higher your FICO will be? I think it will be in your best interest to get that 5 digit CL in Nov....just in time for the holidays!

Message 2 of 56
zeusta20
Established Contributor

True! See! That's why I love this site. You guys get to keep me in check.haha. I'd love to get into the 5 digit mark. I think that's why the itch keeps coming back. Especially when I see NFCU approving increases like crazy!
Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 3 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

See I was hungry and thought lets see who online

09 lexie called it right on 2 Threads zeusta don't scratch that itch ....to the garden ASAP LOl

@zeusta20 wrote:
True! See! That's why I love this site. You guys get to keep me in check.haha. I'd love to get into the 5 digit mark. I think that's why the itch keeps coming back. Especially when I see NFCU approving increases like crazy!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 56
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The good thing about NFCU is they are not going anywhere. The 5 digit CL you covet so much will be waiting for you with a big red bow in 6 mos.
Message 5 of 56
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Couldnt disagree more, I would say that I am 100% Positive that there is a huge approval waiting for you right now at NFCU !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 56
coachmiff
Regular Contributor

I agree with dodge pull the trigger and open that red bow--you will thank us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy plat visa 25k,navy go 25k, Navy Check 15K, , USAA Am Exp 18K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 18K, Discover IT 18.5K, PayPal Extras MC 7.5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 8.05k, Wallmart discover 7.5k, Amex bce 25k,Boa cash rewards25k, southwest chase 4k, nasa cr 30k,nasa rew 5k,barc rewards 25k=279k+ scores 750 across the board
Message 7 of 56
dodfire
Valued Contributor

+1 DO IT!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 56
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If you want a stronger profile, wait. That being said, I don't know how much score matters to NFU so there may be no real advantage to waiting.

They're probably the only place I'd leave the garden for. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 56
kg2488
New Contributor

Ha! Everything about this thread makes me laugh! NFCU always gives me the itchies. I got a +2000 CLI in November via the love button...that was all I asked for. Putting me at 7,000...but I want those 5 digits too!! Should have asked for more but didn't wanna get greedy since it's my highest CL. Hate the hard pull..but boy oh boy is it soooo tempting. I been in the garden since they HP'd me in November.

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.