Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto CLI Info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Auto CLI Info

Hey all,

Was talking to my NFCU onboarding person and was asking about how CLI was handled. She pulled up my account only a bit over a month old, and said that the default setting to block CLI's was still on. She told me this is the default on all accounts and you can call/chat to have/make sure your card is unblock from this.

They will then check monthly for auto CLI's, which she said can happen before month 3.

Just thought I would pass this along for anyone else that has NFCU. Maybe its all "BS" but we shall see.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto CLI Info

This is that CLI check box that is enabled by default, which prevents your account from periodic reviews for auto increases. I SM'd them after three months to have them uncheck this.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. This is valuable information for me. Never knew about this. Where do I find this CLI check box to see if it is on my account?

Message 3 of 47
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

This isn't a user-setting we can change. Its an internal account setting, and is enabled by default.  Simply send them a secure message requesting that this setting is disabled (unchecked) on your card, so it will be eligible for auto credit limit increases.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting info. I've had a bit of a different experience with them. I apped and was approved for the cashrewards in January of 2018. Requested and received a CLI online (no chat) in May of 2018. This resulted in a hard pull. Received auto CLIs in January and April 2019. Never called or initiated chat to have block auto CLIs removed.

Message 5 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting info. I've had a bit of a different experience with them. I apped and was approved for the cashrewards in January of 2018. Requested and received a CLI online (no chat) in May of 2018. This resulted in a hard pull. Received auto CLIs in January and April 2019. Never called or initiated chat to have block auto CLIs removed.

I had a similar experience (asked for a CLI, some time later received an auto-CLI) so it's possible that our CLI requests prompted them to uncheck the box.

This is just speculation, of course.

Message 6 of 47
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

This isn't a user-setting we can change. Its an internal account setting, and is enabled by default.  Simply send them a secure message requesting that this setting is disabled (unchecked) on your card, so it will be eligible for auto credit limit increases.

Thank for your info,

here is my message to Navy and The Response I received;

Subject: Credit Card Auto Credit Limit Increase

Your Message 07/11/2019 :

The CLI check box that is enabled by default, which prevents your account from periodic reviews for auto increases.

can I have That Un Checked Please?
So I can Receive Auto Credit Increases.

Thank You, Xxxx Xxxxxxx

Navy Federal Response 07/13/2019 : Thank you for your message, Mr. Xxxxxxx. As requested, we have unblocked the Automatic Increase Review for your cashRewards Visa account. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Message 7 of 47
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Me either. The Request CLI button has just been there.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 47
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I just called to have that box "unchecked".

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to go ahead and send a SM too. I’ll report back.
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.