elbori357
Regular Contributor

NFCU BEST CREDIT CARD TO APPLY FOR

Hello members!!

I see

Cash Rewards

Go Rewards

visa Signature flagship rewards

Which one is their best choice? I will use it to pay for my util bills, gas, groceries etc and pay in full every month. Also dod they have a minimum monthly spend once I get the card?

Thanks

MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU BEST CREDIT CARD TO APPLY FOR

@elbori357 wrote:

Hello members!!

I see

Cash Rewards

Go Rewards

visa Signature flagship rewards

Which one is their best choice? I will use it to pay for my util bills, gas, groceries etc and pay in full every month. Also dod they have a minimum monthly spend once I get the card?

Thanks

Flagship is good if you are going to spend a couple thousand a month and want travel because then you earn 2% and it will out way the AF.

Cash is great and earns a straight 1% for your first $10k charged a year and then you start earning 1.5% for the remiander of the year of all charges over $10k. no minimum.

Message 2 of 10
elbori357
Regular Contributor

So I can have the card and not use it for a few months without risking the bank closing the account ? I have a Cap1 card with a 3k CL and once the NFCU cards arrive morelikely wont be using the Cap1 card as much. Will Cap1 close my account for not using it much?

MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elbori357 wrote:

So I can have the card and not use it for a few months without risking the bank closing the account ? I have a Cap1 card with a 3k CL and once the NFCU cards arrive morelikely wont be using the Cap1 card as much. Will Cap1 close my account for not using it much?

yes, if you use all your cards once every 3 or so months for something you should be fine.... Most likely you could go longer, especially with navy but why risk it.

Message 4 of 10
USF813
Frequent Contributor

My suggestions would be GOrewards visa. No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. It's not the most attractive card, being actual blue on the front and purple on the back??!!??. That's what's in my wallet.

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

My suggestions would be GOrewards visa. No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. It's not the most attractive card, being actual blue on the front and purple on the back??!!??. That's what's in my wallet.

I do like this one and have it!

Message 6 of 10
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

why limit yourself to one card Smiley Happy

I use the cash rewards for personal use and the flagship rewards for business purposes.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 7 of 10
elbori357
Regular Contributor

@grassfeeder wrote:

I use the cash rewards for personal use and the flagship rewards for business purposes.

Can I apply for both at the same time ? I was planning on getting the freedom card from chase as well and the sig from NFCU.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elbori357 wrote:

@grassfeeder wrote:

Can I apply for both at the same time ? I was planning on getting the freedom card from chase as well and the sig from NFCU.

both a chase freedom and a Navy... Yes... Apply for Chase first and then Navy.

Message 9 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I canceled my goRewards 4 months after it was opened. I found no use of that card and it was not beneficial to my lifestyle.

Currently, I have cashRewards Visa Signature with them. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.