Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC Approval Odds

tag
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

NFCU CC Approval Odds

Hello All!

I have been checking these forums here and there, and just recently decided to start participating. I must say, so far I'm very pleased. At any rate, here is where I'm at. After realizing I can join NFCU because my brother is currently in the Army, I decided to give them a call today. I put in an application over the phone and the rep was very nice and attentive. She helped me set up the account and everything seems good thus far. I'm just mildly concerned, but very optimistic, about my status as a true member because my brother has a different last name than I do. However, she told me if they need more documentation to prove he's my brother that would come in the mail, but she said that's a possibility and won't necessarily happen. 

Now, I said all that to say should I push the envelope and apply for a CC/Auto Loan? I have some baddies on my report, and it's been over a year since my BK has been discharged, but the past year or so, I've been maintaining a good standing on my accounts. My current FICO is 630, and since I only have scorewatch, that's the only 1 I have. And on March 1st & 2nd, I just got approved for a Barclay's for $1500, and an Amazon instant credit for $800. But, I've heard many stories about how generous NFCU is with approving people for CC's and such. I hear some people got approved with scores sub-600. And if you do suggest I try it, would it be best to try an Auto and CC at the same time, or no? My bank account is BEGGING me to get someone to refinance my car. Currently, my rate is like 19%. So, what do you guys think?

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CC Approval Odds

APPLY!!!!! NOW!!!

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and yes apply for the credit card and then apply for the auto refi.

Message 3 of 5
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. That is exactly what I did. I still haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm encouraged that they'll go through. I've been doing a bit of searching around the forums on NFCU and all I've heard is good things about them. I can't wait to report back some good news on my end as well! And I really appreciate the input. From what I can tell, you're the resident guru around here, and I look forward to learning from you.

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MadTechnologist wrote:

Thank you. That is exactly what I did. I still haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm encouraged that they'll go through. I've been doing a bit of searching around the forums on NFCU and all I've heard is good things about them. I can't wait to report back some good news on my end as well! And I really appreciate the input. From what I can tell, you're the resident guru around here, and I look forward to learning from you.

ah thanks, just trying to help others through my obsession Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.