cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI 1 year of service before cli

tag
coinop

NFCU CLI 1 year of service before cli

Just called NFCU and asked about CLI that I put in for a couple days ago.  On these forums most say wait till 3rd bill cut then try.  Thats what I did.  When i mentioned that I had waited till 3 bills had been cut, the lady on the line said they usually require 1 year worth of payments before they will consider a cli.  Is this what others have found or was she just trying to let me down nicely?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI 1 year of service before cli

@coinop wrote:

Just called NFCU and asked about CLI that I put in for a couple days ago.  On these forums most say wait till 3rd bill cut then try.  Thats what I did.  When i mentioned that I had waited till 3 bills had been cut, the lady on the line said they usually require 1 year worth of payments before they will consider a cli.  Is this what others have found or was she just trying to let me down nicely?

I applied on day 91 and went from 6500 to 22,000 instantly.  How much have you used it?  I probably put a couple thousand on the card in 3 months.

Message 2 of 12
ryder32244
New Contributor

3 bills AND 91 Days is my understanding. I think the wait 6 month line for increases is after your first CLI at the 91/3Statment mark. I have read posts of people being denied when they met 3 statements, called the line got the same response you did, then apply a few days later after their 91 day mark and be approved. YMMV of course. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 12
coinop

Thanks for the replies, we will see what happens. 

Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Honestly i think the Csr's are told one thing while the computers are set up a different way. No other way to makes sense of so much conflicting data. It would make much more sense if we had to actually create a year of history to earn a cli, fortunately not always the case with Navy or other lenders, than to get it every 3 months lol. Good luck on your cli attemptSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with you Joe, that seems the most reasonable explanation for observed behaviour...

Message 6 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

AJC, I agree with you. Also remember most frontline CSR's are mis or under informed no matter where they work
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Navy it is really a hit or miss regarding CLI based on the 91/6 month intervals. I know it may leave a bad taste in mouth not getting a CLI at this time; however Navy is one that when it does give CLI they have been generous. On our Rewards card we went from @2500 to $20k and Flagship from $11.5k to $70k and got a CLOC for $13.5k. While other cards pulled back on their CLI, Navy and PENFED are not! Also remember to try to recon it may work or not. Nothing ventured is nothing gained. Good luck and keep your head up. We ALL have run into road blocks along this credit journey at one time or another.
Message 8 of 12
coinop

Hello everyone.  Thought I would update.  At 3 bills with a cash rewards card at 3700, I applied for a cli.  Due to the 4th holiday, they actually held me in the que till exactly 91 days.  They then matched my highest credit line of 8000.  Last night, on a whim, I applied for the signature rewards card (1 week later from the cli on the cash rewards) and they did a hard pull.  This morning I see a new cc on my account with a 20,500 cl.  They are showing a FICO 9 score from yesterday on my account also of 703.  Thanks for all the replies, maybe this will help someone.   I must say,  NFCU is offically my favorite company.  I have others that are good to me like USAA but this company is the one that is really giving me an oppertunity. 

Message 9 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both the CLI and new card!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.