Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI 3-5 Day Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI 3-5 Day Message

How will I be notified when a decision is made? Navy has both my email address and cell phone number on file, so can I expect a text/email? Also, is there anything I can do to improve my chances or do I just wait it out and see? My current limit is $1,000 and I asked to raise that to $3,000.

As an aside, I applied for NavCheck directly after getting the 3-5 day message and was approved for $1,000, which is the amount I requested!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI 3-5 Day Message

I applied for the cash rewards card yesterday, got the 3-5 message. Called back later that afternoon to see if they needed anymore info, they reviewed my app while on the phone and approved it within 5 minutes. But, that was for a new card not a CLI. So, YMMV

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How will I be notified when a decision is made? Navy has both my email address and cell phone number on file, so can I expect a text/email? Also, is there anything I can do to improve my chances or do I just wait it out and see? My current limit is $1,000 and I asked to raise that to $3,000.

As an aside, I applied for NavCheck directly after getting the 3-5 day message and was approved for $1,000, which is the amount I requested!

Congrats on NavCheck.

Best advice would be to call them about the CLI request, or just wait it out. It may take a couple of days to be processed, especially since this is a holiday weekend, but then again if you call it may be taken care of more quickly

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Navy Federal and was told the request was declined. I'm going to send a message asking them to reconsider via online banking, but is there anything else I can do?

Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would just leave it along, garden your existing credit lines, and maintain a good relationship.

Reapply for the CLI in 4 months

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I would just leave it along, garden your existing credit lines, and maintain a good relationship.

Reapply for the CLI in 4 months

+1

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.