Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI

With a 740 FICO score, they wanted give you a secured card?!  wow.  I'm really surprised by that.

Is NFCU as unhappy with inquiries as PenFed is?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said it is a new rule they implemented. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same thing.
Message 12 of 15
iltph
Frequent Contributor

I joined NFCU in Dec and applied a few days later for an nRewards and was denied, but was offered the SC. I had a few collections delete off my EQ and applied two months later (after my wife and I's direct deposits had been going into my checking acct for a month). They ended up approving me for $17,500.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats FM! Give your business to those who value you as a customer, and who will keep the rewards coming when you reward them in kind.

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Since I got denied for PenFed I've been thinking of shifting my balance over to my NFCU Mastercard. I called and asked if I was eligible for a CLI, and I got an instant approval. New CL is $20,000. Since it wasn't referred to the credit committee I'm reasonably sure it was an auto CLI based on my account history. However, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Message 14 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With a 740 FICO score, they wanted give you a secured card?!  wow.  I'm really surprised by that.

Is NFCU as unhappy with inquiries as PenFed is?

I don't think they care so much about inqs, as I had many when I signed up with NFCU last April. However, they do seem to care about recend derogs. 

My EQ is clean except for a couple lates, and they seem to give me whatever I want. They even informed me when I got this CLI yesterday that I was preapproved for an auto or boat loan. 

It's great that NFCU is still lending. But then again, that's what happens at banks who never wrote a subprime mortgage. 

Here we go again...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.