Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI

I've had the Navy Federal Credit Union Flagship CC since July 2009 and was initially given a $7,500 CL, but today decided to test the waters and apply for an online increase.  Completed the online questionnaire and asked for an increase to $75,000.  Upon submission, I was immediately taken to a page where I was offered an instant $20,000 CL...it stated I could accept this new CL or request further review for my original CLI amount...of course I took the $20,000.  Maybe I was lucky, but I was very impressed with the NFCU process.

snpperhd

TU:700 ~ EQ:695 ~ EX:703 as of 01/19/2010 (Nasty PR-Tax Lien Released 04-2002)

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI

Max CL with NFCU CC is $50,000.

I'm not sure if that is per card, or per member.  With PSECU they have a $20,000 total revolving CL max.  It may be the same with NCFU.

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Wow, that's good to know because I also have a new NFCU CC (actually 2 cc) issued in 10/09 and I will be requesting a CLI after 6 months!  Hope I can increase my 10k to 20k............
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Max CL with NFCU CC is $50,000.

I'm not sure if that is per card, or per member.  With PSECU they have a $20,000 total revolving CL max.  It may be the same with NCFU.

Congrats on the CLI!

Does anyone know if NFCU allows more than $50,000 in total CL's on credit cards?  Can I have 2 cards $50,000 each? 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 
Message 5 of 24
pmany0324
Valued Member

Congratulations on your CLI! That is an awesome number.  I also opened up a Nrewards card and NavCheck with NFCU in July 09.  Got denied for my credit limit increase request.  Reasons were a little odd to me.  BK (was discharged 8/08 clearly stated on my credit report that I had filed BK when I originally applied for the card and got approved), unsatisfactory accounts with other lenders (must be talking about before BK, after BK my report has been great, no lates, no over limit, paid over minimum balance) and exisiting limit with current account (not sure either what that means).  I was scared to call to do a reconsideration, so I wrote them a letter.  I'm hoping to hear something back this week, if not i'll call and check on it.  But i was just curious, to get approved for that amount does your income have to be over a certain amount? I don't want any new credit, I just want to see if I can get CLI on all my exisiting lines.  I know my inquries and utilization is what's killing my score.  Sorry OP didn't mean to highjack your thread, I really just meant to ask about income requirements with NFCU and to say Congrats!  My income is between 45-50k a year and I dream of the day I can hit the button and get approved for a 20k increase!  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have a ?? for all you NFCU cc holders....

How long after you opened your checking & savings did you app for a card?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd 1 week after but I do not think it makes a difference. 
Message 8 of 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Who did they pull??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ yesterday for me.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.