Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Can I PC after my 3rd statement?

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

NFCU - Can I PC after my 3rd statement?

The day I joined I applied for the Platinum.  I was afraid I would be denied the Rewards card.  Now I have 90+ days and a 3rd statement coming up in December.  Scores are EQ667 (NO LUV), TU 703 & EX 715.  Would asking for a PC be a bad move?  I'd much rather have a card with rewards and/or a point plan.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gramz
Contributor

Re: NFCU - Can I PC after my 3rd statement?

I am not sure about the PC.  Why did you app for the Platinum card if you wanted something with rewards?  You could have just app for the flagship card. 

I would just give NFCU a call and see what they say.

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 2 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

U should be able to PC when ever u like call them and ask to do it.

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just keep in mind your APR will change with the PC probably to a higher APR since rewards are included if you do so.  Rewards cards just typically have higher APR's.  Just keep that in mind as a factor to consider

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can PC whenever you want. Being my crazy self, I PC'd after having the Platinum for 2 days, and then having the Flagship for two weeks to the Cash Rewards Visa Signature. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditcuriousity

My PC from the Platinum to the Cash Rewards would have dropped the APR .85%, and that was after I had the Platinum for two days. I did opt for the Flagship instead at the time, though, which made it go up 1% or so.

Message 6 of 9
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

@gramz

As stated I didn't think that I would get approved for the Rewards card then and didn't want to waste the HP.  My scores were mid 600s and my oldest CC account was only 14 months old.  Not really knowing how generous they would or wouldn't be I opted for something I thought may be a sure think.  I still had somewhat of a lower SL compared to the limits I have now but I'm sure it'll grow just as the others did.  

Message 7 of 9
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

@mountain

I'm too chicken to do that.  I just don't want all the HPs because I want to purchase a home in 7 months.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't do hard pulls for product changes, only when you apply for a new loan/card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.