FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 11 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Card Combination -- $59,000!!!

Every time I think I’ve heard the best about NFCU, I’m proven wrong. In my eyes, they continue to outdo themselves.

A huge congratulations to you OP.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 28
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Nice Job Demon! The only resistance they gave me was “well your two card together exceed the maximum limit” - which I knew so I went in knowing it would need to go to a Flagship, and I’m OK with that. The Amex has a good rewards setup, but between my BCP @ 6% Groceries and USAA @ 5% Gas Stations, the Navy Amex just didn’t have any compelling reasons to come out of the sock drawer.

What is NFCU's stated maximum limit?  (Obviously it's a bit flexible if you were able to exceed it.)

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Max credit limit is 50k on each individual credit card with exception of Flagship which maxes out at 80k
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called to combine 2 of my 3 cards and they said it’s allowed as long as it’s not taking me over 50k. My Amex card limit is being moved to platinum visa. When it’s complete by the back office I will have gorewards $25k and platinum $25k
Message 15 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Every time I think I’ve heard the best about NFCU, I’m proven wrong. In my eyes, they continue to outdo themselves.

A huge congratulations to you OP.

Thanks!, and you're right about that. I have not had any negative expereinces with them - each year, for me, the top themselves in epic ways

Message 16 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called to combine 2 of my 3 cards and they said it’s allowed as long as it’s not taking me over 50k. My Amex card limit is being moved to platinum visa. When it’s complete by the back office I will have gorewards $25k and platinum $25k

Nice Job! It's always a plus when you can combine cards and not have to worry about one more loose end. The thing I like the most is NFCU isn't really a CLD kind of joint so I don't have to worry about running thousands of dollars a month thru the card to 'justify' the higher limit. I'm sure it will be tougher and tougher requesting CLI's, but that's a future problem lol 

Gotta love these confirmation emails - this is my highest credit line ever. Woo-Hoo!! Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 7.33.56 PM.png

Message 17 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack , congrats to you on the combo!  Navy has been very good to me as well, no complaints. 

On a side note though, now that you have one card that is over the "$50K" limit by quite a bit, watch and see what your scores do now.  Let us know if this particular card is now taken out of your overall available credit equation.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

... now that you have one card that is over the "$50K" limit by quite a bit, watch and see what your scores do now.  Let us know if this particular card is now taken out of your overall available credit equation.  Smiley Wink

Would you mind expanding on these two comments for those of us that don't follow what you're getting at? 

Message 19 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

'@pizza1 wrote:

'@credit_is_crack , congrats to you on the combo!  Navy has been very good to me as well, no complaints. 

On a side note though, now that you have one card that is over the "$50K" limit by quite a bit, watch and see what your scores do now.  Let us know if this particular card is now taken out of your overall available credit equation.  Smiley Wink

Good Point! - I was so caught up I didnt even factor that in. If by chance the card gets excluded then my available credit (for utilization scoring) would drop from $417,700 to $358,700. This card actually cycles over on the 11th so I'll know pretty quickly how this works out. My current scores are:

• EQ8, 760 -- EQ9 788
  • TU8, 777 -- TU9 797
  • EX8 770 -- TU9  790

Let's see what happens...

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.