Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Reward Upgrade

tag
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Reward Upgrade

My flagship is at 5k limit, won't know if they post a updated CLI for a few more months.  Are you saying you see your credit limit about the 5k?

Message 21 of 45
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@skyisthelimit wrote:

My flagship is at 5k limit, won't know if they post a updated CLI for a few more months.  Are you saying you see your credit limit about the 5k?

My Flagship limit is also 5K and that's what they report my limit as on my credit report eventhough it's a signature card.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 45
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

MsLady, I belive this is what they are refering to the "5k limit".  There are other visa signature cards that have 5k-100k limits on the card with other banks but they only post the 5k limit onto your credit report, and I am not 100% sure how NFCU does it.  It is always the standard 5k on report due to that being the lowest visa signature starts.  This is PRIME TIME!

Message 23 of 45
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Are they including the extended warranty service in this new card? This is very exciting. Right now I have the cash rewards card for most purchases, but the platinum mastercard for times when I want the extended warranty on my purchase.

I've not got my letter yet, but my limit is over $5k, maybe it will come soon.

Message 24 of 45
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@skyisthelimit wrote:

MsLady, I belive this is what they are refering to the "5k limit".  There are other visa signature cards that have 5k-100k limits on the card with other banks but they only post the 5k limit onto your credit report, and I am not 100% sure how NFCU does it.  It is always the standard 5k on report due to that being the lowest visa signature starts.  This is PRIME TIME!

????   I don't think this is correct.  Some companies that offer the VISA Sig don't report a limit at all because it's a NPSL card.  My understanding is that NFCU does infact report the limit.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 25 of 45
CS800
Super Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@skyisthelimit wrote:

My Flagship limit is also 5K and that's what they report my limit as on my credit report eventhough it's a signature card.

Thanks good to know Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 45
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Both DW and I have separate accounts ($5k and $25k) and we both got the same upgrade. Question: do we really want this to happen? 

I was thinking the same thing. A Sig mean that it most likely wont report the CL so you could lose the total CL in the FICO calculation. I know my BOA Signature doesnt report my CL. That's one thing I wouldn't like.

Anyone knows if Navy Sig reports the CL?

Yes.  My Flagship Visa Signature reports my limit.

I forgot about that since my Barclay's MC reports the CL (can't recall the MC version of Visa Sig). Thank goodness Navy does, too! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 27 of 45
CS800
Super Contributor

Wonder if someone has to be with them for X amount of time to get this offer?

Message 28 of 45
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I joined last June and got my CC in Oct/Nov. So, it has been less than a year for me.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 29 of 45
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Wonder if someone has to be with them for X amount of time to get this offer?

Maybe, my cashRewards card is less than 2 months old, no upgrade yet.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.