cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature Increase!!

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature Increase!!

Yesterday I was so inspired by CS800's post about asking Navy Fed for a CLI on her new cash rewards signature card with a SP that I sent them a message requesting an increase on mine as well with a SP.  I've had the card since February 2012 and my limit was $5000.  I requested an increase to $10,000 and as soon as I sent the request, I started regretting it.  Scared that they would deny it and scared that they would do a HP.

Well, I hadn't heard anything so I decided to log into my account to see if I had any messages.  None.  But I clicked on my cash rewards account and my CL read $9,000.  Woo Hoo!!  Navy Federal ROCKS!!!  No signs of a HP yet.  I will let you know if I receive one though.

Thanks CS800 for encouraging and inspiring me to go for it!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature Increase!!

Great news MLR !

I was nervous even though they mentioned it was not going to be a HP (they tend to be HP happy). Still no alert from TU or EQ.

Message 2 of 16
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!  I might do the same ... how did you word the fact you didn't want a HP?

Message 3 of 16
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

I am a new NFCU member and was approved for the nrewards card, $500 limit. After reading posts on here, I decided to just try and request a CLI within the first month, before it has even hit my CR, and they said no-go. They like to see 5-7 months of on time history first. They also did do a HP because it showed up on Credit Karma the same day I requested it. 

Message 4 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was upgraded to siggy today! I don't want increases though
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Very nice CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 16
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Mine was upgraded to siggy today! I don't want increases though

I have not received an upgrade for the signature Smiley Sad  I have only had the card two months though so too soon to ask. I just want the B1G1  movie ticket offers..lol

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 16
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Whereis750 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!  I might do the same ... how did you word the fact you didn't want a HP?

I provided them all my information that they ask for on the CLI request form and said that I was sending them a secure message instead of going through the system because I didn't want a hard pull on my credit report.  I said if the increase can be done via account review, I would like to have it considered.

Message 8 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

Sometimes its good to just ask. Needless to say NFCU is an exception to many banks.

Message 9 of 16
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Sometimes its good to just ask. Needless to say NFCU is an exception to many banks.

Yes they are.  I am strongly considering making them my primary financial institution.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.