Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards

tag
cnnlov
Valued Member

NFCU Cash Rewards

So I am a new member of NFCU and I have already been pre-selected for the cash rewards card. I would love to add this card to my wallet, but I have few concerns. Let me know what you think my odds are. AAoA- 1 year, 1 Baddie (3 years old) not on eq report, but on tu report 3 revolvers, 1 installment all 100% on time payments, UTI- between 50-60% (pretty high) Not sure of current scores, but I'm thinking mid 600's + or - a few points. Not the best stats but I'm very happy with my progress and I'm just trying to plan my next steps. Wait or go for it???
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards

NFCU can be generous and forgiving. Your util is high and for better terms you might want to wait.
Message 2 of 19
Darksyde25
Valued Member

I'd like to join NFCU myself but I don't know anyone and no one in my family is or was in the military...so i'm guessing im outta luck

Starting/Current Score: TU:sub 600 EQ: sub 600 EX: sub 600
Message 3 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@cnnlov wrote:
So I am a new member of NFCU and I have already been pre-selected for the cash rewards card. I would love to add this card to my wallet, but I have few concerns. Let me know what you think my odds are. AAoA- 1 year, 1 Baddie (3 years old) not on eq report, but on tu report 3 revolvers, 1 installment all 100% on time payments, UTI- between 50-60% (pretty high) Not sure of current scores, but I'm thinking mid 600's + or - a few points. Not the best stats but I'm very happy with my progress and I'm just trying to plan my next steps. Wait or go for it???

If you are pre-selected already... YOU ARE APPROVED! 100% instant.. hit submit.

Message 4 of 19
cnnlov
Valued Member

Thanks 09Lexie.

Message 5 of 19
cnnlov
Valued Member

Darksyde25 NFCU is very strict and they verify everything. You may hear of people getting in, but if it is not legit they will freeze and close your account. Check with immediate family members, you never know someone may have an account that can sponsor you. Good luck.  

Message 6 of 19
cnnlov
Valued Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@cnnlov wrote:

If you are pre-selected already... YOU ARE APPROVED! 100% instant.. hit submit.

Creditaddict I feared you would say that lol... I am a little afraid to app, but I am really anxious at the same time. We'll see.

Message 7 of 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1 @ Creditaddict
If you are pre-approved with NFCU, then you will get the CashRewards card. You can not say that about any other bank though FNBO is a very close second.
If you want the new account- go ahead and apply. You'll have shiny new plastic in your wallet in a week. As Lexie stated though, might not be the best terms but NFCU is great to work with and after some history with them, it very easy to get the APR lowered and CL increased. Best of Luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 19
cnnlov
Valued Member

ThanksThanks improvingmycredit...just not sure if I'm willing to get another HP for a low limit card. That's my major concern; I can work with the APR and just ask for better terms as I built my relationship with them.

@improvingmycredit wrote:
@+1 @ Creditaddict
If you are pre-approved with NFCU, then you will get the CashRewards card. You can not say that about any other bank though FNBO is a very close second.
If you want the new account- go ahead and apply. You'll have shiny new plastic in your wallet in a week. As Lexie stated though, might not be the best terms but NFCU is great to work with and after some history with them, it very easy to get the APR lowered and CL increased. Best of Luck!
Message 9 of 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I understand completely. Smiley Happy
One thing I can say with certainty, they will give you the highest limit card of all your current accounts for sure. Smiley Happy
Not 100% but not far off either from that feeling. What kind of income do you have if you don't mind my asking?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.