Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards

tag
jbsea
Established Contributor

NFCU Cash Rewards

So I got this card appoval yesterday.  I get the alert that TU got the HP.  But on TU my score went up 28 pts... I like that but i'm not sure why.  Do they know I got the approval and the CL already?  I dont get it....

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards

I have noticed this and I could be wrong, but I think when you get an inquiry and it is approved the score goes up and if it is denied the score may/may not go down. At least that is what appears to be the case when I view my myfico alerts.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved and my score dropped 6 points.  Maybe too many inquiries and adding CSP at the same time ahd something to do with that.   Also denied NFCU checking LOC.  Back in the "garden," as they say here in myfico land.  I have enough.  Goal is two years w/no apps!  LOL!  Preparing for the big HELOC loan payback in 2017.

Message 3 of 5
jbsea
Established Contributor

Yeah I dont know what happened but i'm very happy about it.  I was thinking maybe something dropped off early at the same time but i wont know till the 15th when everything updates again.  Sill i'm sooooooooo very happy.  i look every day just to see that it still says "approved" lol.  it will make keeping my utilization down a lot easier.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With these score watch updates, they don't report for example when a baddy fell off your report.  It isn't until the inquiry happens that actually triggers the score update.  So while the score alert is for the inquiry, there are probably other factors in play that actually increased your score.  Hope that helps...

Oz

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.