tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Combined Limits

I had 3 cards thru NFCU,

Gorewards at 15k

Cash Rewards at 5k 

and an AMEX at 5k

I only really use the Cash Rewards cards plus I like there is no minimum to redeem and is instant after purchases post.

Sent a message expecting to be told no but they took all three limits and combined to one $25k limit on the cash rewards.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Combined Limits

Congratulations, that’s one positively massive limit! 

Message 2 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 7
crys12065
Established Contributor

That’s awesome! And Nice looking limit.
I’ve also been debating combining my CR and my Amex but undecided which one to keep open.

In the garden until 2020
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. Thats the new Navy for ya , more flexibilty. What happens is most of us chase the 3 cards but how many of us actually use all 3?Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer the cash rewards because there is no minumum to redeem, However if you think you can spend $1670 quickly on groceries etc then chose the AMEX card cause of the 3x points. 
I have a costco citi visa for gas, AMEX BCE and a discover with rotating catergories to cover the rest. I want to be down to just 4-5 cards in the future.

Message 6 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Well done... now it will sit there like mine does, but it's been very useful for me.. I'm thankful for it.

(Sit there meaning, just no more growth..that's all I meant.)

Have a great day! PS - time to update that signature! Yay for a smaller signature! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.