Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU EXPOSURE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU EXPOSURE

anyone know max exposure with NFCU  is ,    I have Navcheck for  7k  , cash rewards for 8k  , and Nrewards for $4900 ,   Navcheck is maxed out as i just recently paid the property taxes on my home, cash rewards i am at 50% util , Nrewards i am at 60% utilization on.  i plan on asking for increase soon after i see anual review but was checking first, and considering how much to ask for on either one or all , withot issues .        i have verifiable 95k year income 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU EXPOSURE

$100k for cards (up to 3) and $15k LOC so $115 total.
Message 2 of 8
ABC123TLC
Contributor

Before you put large purchase(s) on any card... always ask for an increase...

NFCU Navcheck ... could have gotten that up to 15K

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

providing they qualified, yes. some don't know to ask for the full $15k and some aren't eligible for it
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok at 1 am i seen NFCU did their 2 month review,   so i requested increase on my Nrewards 12,000 and instantly approved  , tried on my cash rewards  and said submitted for review...   so i guess i should wait to ask for increase on the NAVCHECK.   either way still satisfied

Message 5 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok at 1 am i seen NFCU did their 2 month review,   so i requested increase on my Nrewards 12,000 and instantly approved  , tried on my cash rewards  and said submitted for review...   so i guess i should wait to ask for increase on the NAVCHECK.   either way still satisfied

You requested $12k, and got it instantly? You ALWAYS ask for $25k on the CC's, they will either counter back to you what they can give you, or it will go to review. Now, since you didnt ask for the full $25l, and only asked for $12k and got it, you dont know if that was your counter or if you still have more on the table.  

So, now if you go back on the same card and request again, its a 50/50 chance that youll get your counter, or go to MR. Always always for $25k!!!

and on the Navcheck, always ask for full amount which is $15k...no exceptions, they will counter! 

Congrats on the CLI

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

195K nfcu.jpg

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Surely a learning experience. A few key points made that I wasn't truly aware of. The 2 month review thing, I need to look up.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.