Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Earn 3% Cash Back At Supermarkets

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Earn 3% Cash Back At Supermarkets

The topic is Credit Cards...I shared information about what I received. The response from others were acceptable, a little more easier to digest.

Message 11 of 15
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Hmm.... I had a Go Rewards Visa until yesterday when it became a More Rewards Amex at my request.  I didn't receive the offer for 3% on groceries on my Go Rewards Visa.  That means either that the offer is targeted or that it only applies to the Mastercard version of Go Rewards.

I did, however, receive an offer for 5% back on Walmart spending on my cashRewards Visa card.  Did everyone receive that offer, or was it targeted?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 12 of 15
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@DeadlyPersona wrote:
You say it as if someone can just pick up the phone call NFCU and they will just change it to the More Rewards card.....it’s that simple? Also, take into account there are members on this forum that are very happy to have their GO Rewards because they feel they’ve reached a goal based on their credit worthiness. So, calling it “useless” when it works.....I think is tactless.

Actually, you can. Or you can send them a direct message. 

NFCU cards are easy to get... What kind of credit goal does it take to get one? 

Message 13 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have a Go Rewards Visa card and I got the same email, so assuming it's not targeted it's for both Visa and MasterCard.

Also, as many have pointed out 3% isn't much to get excited about, but keep in mind the 3% statement credit (cash) at the end of the month is in addition to the 1x points that are already earned at supermarkets (via the 'everything else' category). 

I know that's not really much better, but it's effectively 4% at supermarkets through August 31 and some might find that useful.

Message 14 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Great DP's @UncleB You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.