cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Card + More Rewards Amex Points??

tag
sladesurfer
Regular Contributor

NFCU Flagship Card + More Rewards Amex Points??

I have the Flagship and More Rewards Card from NFCU..Both of them earn points. Is there a way for me to combine points? like how Chase Cards does it.

PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Penfed Gold
NFCU Amex More Rewards
NFCU Cash Rewards
NFCU Flagship
Goldman Sachs Apple Card
Chase IHG Rewards Club Card
Chase Freedom Flex
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Amex Business Prime Card
Amex Marriott Brilliant Card
Amex Hilton Aspire Card
Amex Charles Schwab Platinum
Amex Gold Card
US Bank Cash+ card
Discover It Card
Capital One Quicksilver Card
Citi Double Cash
Citi Premier
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Card + More Rewards Amex Points??

No way currently, but that would be a great feature. Maybe someday...

Message 2 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Flagship and More Rewards are NFCU's top two cards, and if they're both in your wallet, you have 3% on travel, dining, groceries, and gas with 2% on all other purchases.  That's a great combo.

What's not to like?  Two things:

-- You can only redeem for cash in $50 increments, much higher than the industry average.

-- You can't combine points across the two cards, making that $50 minimum redemption even more onerous.

Perhaps someday NFCU will make some changes, but I don't have high hopes.  Their basic outlook is service to their members, not trying to attract hordes of new cardholders from the wider population as Amex and Chase do.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for barging in with a new question. Is cash back what people usually recommend redeeming your points with NFCU for? I have been holding off redeeming my points to get a better idea what the best redemption method is.

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Hi @Anonymous , You might check the rewards portal, to see if anything might catch your fancy?

https://memberdeals.navyfederal.org/

ETA: Try to find this on the site.Travel, shop, cash or my offers.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous , You might check the rewards portal, to see if anything might catch your fancy?

https://memberdeals.navyfederal.org/

Thanks for the link. I was just trying to get a better idea what an optimal redemption strategy might look like. I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on the deals section though in the future. I appreciate the response.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.