Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship question

tag
Buckwheat2U
Regular Contributor

NFCU Flagship question

I see the current 40k SUB and Prime membership expires Nov 1. Planning a trip next year Covid permitting and could cover the SUB requirements and 3x points on about $7k. Would prefer more sub and not so much Prime. Any historical data on the chances of them going to 50k SUB with no Prime after Nov 1?

As of 7/26/2020

Amazon-Prime-Store-Card
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship question

From my recollection after watching Navy FCU the past few years, @Buckwheat2U, the 50K point SUB was offered most of the year pre-COVID except for just after the Christmas holiday when it offered an enhanced BT SUB.   If I'm not mistaken, I believe they completed pulled all the SUB offers on Flagship Rewards during the early days of COVID.   After many months, the free Amazon Prime offer came along, which was worth much less than the 50K point SUB.

I've also been watching for a better SUB than just Amazon Prime and they finally started offering the 40K points plus the Amazon Prime, which is actually worth $30 more than the 50K SUB if you use Prime. Smiley Very Happy  However, I don't.  Smiley Sad   So I could see either the current SUB sticking around or them going to something different in the Fall or Spring, since many lenders tend to rotate their SUB offerings.  I would just keep watching.  They have been known to change the SUB offers early in the calendar month.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 2 of 3
Buckwheat2U
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship question

@Aim_High wrote:

From my recollection after watching Navy FCU the past few years, @Buckwheat2U, the 50K point SUB was offered most of the year pre-COVID except for just after the Christmas holiday when it offered an enhanced BT SUB.   If I'm not mistaken, I believe they completed pulled all the SUB offers on Flagship Rewards during the early days of COVID.   After many months, the free Amazon Prime offer came along, which was worth much less than the 50K point SUB.

I've also been watching for a better SUB than just Amazon Prime and they finally started offering the 40K points plus the Amazon Prime, which is actually worth $30 more than the 50K SUB if you use Prime. Smiley Very Happy  However, I don't.  Smiley Sad   So I could see either the current SUB sticking around or them going to something different in the Fall or Spring, since many lenders tend to rotate their SUB offerings.  I would just keep watching.  They have been known to change the SUB offers early in the calendar month.

Thanks for the info. Not interested in a BT SUB so guessing could be a crapshoot. I do use Prime so that is about 3 years of AF on the Flagship. Might pull the trigger on it and call it good. But then again if Covid wrecks my trip then I would lose all the SUB and points if I had to refund it due to Covid quarantine requirements. Tough call...lol.

As of 7/26/2020

Amazon-Prime-Store-Card
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.