cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

tag
McArthur
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

@Joteism wrote:

Oh come on... If anything, they might just calculate how much they could have potentially made based on the interest rate and ask him to pay that amount. They have no legal authority to take any more than they are entitled to. Seeing as the first BT was completely legit (Navy to Cap1), the "interest clock" didn't really start ticking until he transferred the money back to the second card.

Don't panic and do anything suspicious... I don't know how long you've banked with them, but I'm sure they'll work it out.

Obviously you don't know Navy Federal.

First of all, they cannot tack on any interest.  The BTs have been processed and posted and there is no way for a clawback much less assessing any lost interest penalty.  With Navy there are only two possible outcomes: they let you slide because of an innocent mistake or they nuke you.  TaTaTa did not make an innocent mistake; he scammed them.

Second, nobody stated Navy would take more than they are entitled to.  When Navy nukes credit accounts for cause, their m.o. is to make the entire balance due and payable  at once.  They then look for any accounts you have or any accounts your joint owners, if any, have and take the debt from those accounts.  If there is any excess, it will be left in your account.  You don't really believe they put their infamous right to offset and cross-collateralization clauses in all their agreements just for laughs, do you?

Message 41 of 60
Joteism
Regular Contributor

You're right - I have never had a Navy Federal account nor do I have any experience with them. That said... While I more than appreciate all the info on this forum and find it extremely helpful when rebuilding my credit and aquiring new credit cards, loans etc., it is this kind of advice (take your money and run) that I specifically disregard and stay away from when it comes to any forum. It goes from helpful to borderline fear mongering. Each case is unique and circumstances differ.

Message 42 of 60
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

You're right - I have never had a Navy Federal account nor do I have any experience with them. That said... While I more than appreciate all the info on this forum and find it extremely helpful when rebuilding my credit and aquiring new credit cards, loans etc., it is this kind of advice (take your money and run) that I specifically disregard and stay away from when it comes to any forum. It goes from helpful to borderline fear mongering. Each case is unique and circumstances differ.

As you admitted, you do not know Navy Federal.  Making a judgment about something you know nothing about is helpful.

Message 43 of 60
Joteism
Regular Contributor

But I know a fear monger when I see one...

Message 44 of 60
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

But I know a fear monger when I see one...

When you know nothing about the institution at all, your opinion is at best ill-informed.

Obviously ignorance is bliss. Enjoy!

Message 45 of 60
dodgeball
Established Contributor

obviously this freeze is for a financial review for a huge CLI !

Sincerly

G Pyle

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 46 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. UPDATED INFO.

@Joteism wrote:

You're absolutely right! Smiley Happy In my case everything has been cleared up. I just finished talking to them and they have agreed to open all of my accounts again. They were very understanding. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm very happy!! Smiley Happy

I thank each and everyone of you for your feedback and advice. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 47 of 60
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

@Joteism wrote:

You're absolutely right! Smiley Happy In my case everything has been cleared up. I just finished talking to them and they have agreed to open all of my accounts again. They were very understanding. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm very happy!! Smiley Happy

I thank each and everyone of you for your feedback and advice. 

Thats awesome that they are going to open your accounts!

I to have learned from your experience and the advice here is great!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 48 of 60
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Awesome that everything worked out for you! But I'm sorry it wasn't a huge CLI as dodgeball suspected... Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 60
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Glad it worked out in the end!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.