Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HERE I COME!!!! LOOKIN' FOR THE 411

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU HERE I COME!!!! LOOKIN' FOR THE 411

I would'nt go anywhere else they've just approved me for a SCC $500 with no problem over the phone and told me to wait about 6 mo's and then apply for the regular CC!  (I'll wait about 18mo's though) I don't have a FICO over 610 on any report!  I'm in the process of re-building and told that to the Credit Analyst, she was like "okay I understand" we'll get your card right out!

NFCU.. will be the only CU which I have CC from, oh yeah NO annual fee!!!! Whew, because I was JUST about to go the 'junk card' route! No thanks Orchard, black card, ect even better then the elite BOA with there Secured CC annual fee!

Your'e headed in the right direction with those scores you'll be handed CC's before your first qtr~!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 21 of 23
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Dh has orig low scores due to utility....about 610 and he was approved for two products.
Message 22 of 23
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

Mornign thread-

Thanks to my step-sister and brother-in-law who both work for the army, I am now a NFCU member. When I started I just put $10 bucks in the savings. After I received my welcome package, I familiarized myself with their products. A few weeks later I received an invitation to apply for the nRewards card. I was hesitant. My sister told me that her and her husband who had both filed BK's both received credit cards and refinanced their auto loan, BUT, they also owned a home. I filed my BK in 02, since then I've received 3 credit cards, Capitol One, and 2 First Premier. It seems as though I couldn't open anything else to rebuild my credit, not even store CC's. I decided to take the advice of my sister and apply for the nRewards, they actually called me and my application went through a special review process, they even called my employer! Anyway, after a few days I called and received word that I was approved for a credit limit of $3500. I have no idea what my scores were at the time, I know none of them were anywhere near 700. I'm wondering, you guys with the high CC limits from NFCU, is it because of your annual salary, the credit score, and have any of you guys ever file BK?

Since opening the savings, I've now decided to switch over my checking and have signed up for direct payroll deposit. Only thing is I don't live near a walk-in branch which kind of blows. Oh, they also asked me if I wanted to apply to refi my car but I told them its almost paid for. So maybe when I apply for a new car loan I'll do it with them. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.