Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU.. I should have waited!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU.. I should have waited!

I'm two weeks away from my BK7 being 1 year post DC, and with all the excitement about being able to join NFCU through the NL, I got way too excited and app'd for a CC. Got the 24 hour message yesterday, so I won't get a reply probably until Wednesday. I literally cannot take the waiting. They pulled TU for both membership and the cc app. TU is at 650. I know it doesn't matter now, but should I have waited more? Currently my highest limit is my Barclaycard Rewards at 4500 opened in May.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU.. I should have waited!

Smokie86 wrote:
I'm two weeks away from my BK7 being 1 year post DC, and with all the excitement about being able to join NFCU through the NL, I got way too excited and app'd for a CC. Got the 24 hour message yesterday, so I won't get a reply probably until Wednesday. I literally cannot take the waiting. They pulled TU for both membership and the cc app. TU is at 650. I know it doesn't matter now, but should I have waited more? Currently my highest limit is my Barclaycard Rewards at 4500 opened in May.

I think you get approved based off what I've heard aout NFCU.  They seem to be behing with their big membership drive and the 4th.  
If you don't hear anything by Wednesday,  give them a call.
Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @guyatthebeach . I've been working really hard at my rebuild since March.
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Wednesday? what's up with Tuesday?

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemini101 I just assumed that since I applied on Sunday that the 24 hours would be Tuesday - Wednesday due to the holiday.
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck to you!

Message 6 of 37
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good luck. It could work out, you never know. Also, a lot of people seem to get the 24 hour message, so don't let that put you in the mindset that it was delayed due to your profile, because it may not be the case.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to be refreshing like crazy over the next 24 hours *bites nails*

Message 8 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think a year post BK makes a difference for Navy... you haven't heard yet today?

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditaddict I haven't heard anything yet. It's killing me!
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.