Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU ? LOC/CLI

tag
106rain

NFCU ? LOC/CLI

Last increase was 3/14 current balance is 900/14K

Should  I request cli at 3 or 6 months?

Is it the same credit pull for cli and checking loc?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Knk8188
Established Member

Re: NFCU ? LOC/CLI

I recommend that you speak with CSR at NF. I have been banking with NFCU since 2006, and their customer service is excellent. I know that NF does a SP for CLI, however I have heard that if you request a fairly large increase (you may be contacted for further income information) that it may be a HP. My CSR told me that you can only request a CLI/apr reduction at least 12 months after your last request, but please call (or send a message) and ask to be sure.

From the information that was sent to me about checking LOC, the maximum limit is $15k. Hope it all works out for you!

Just finishing up my first app spree! Gardening until JULY 2016! Next Goal: 750
Mouse Over cards to view limits!
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU ? LOC/CLI

@Knk8188 wrote:

I recommend that you speak with CSR at NF. I have been banking with NFCU since 2006, and their customer service is excellent. I know that NF does a SP for CLI, however I have heard that if you request a fairly large increase (you may be contacted for further income information) that it may be a HP. My CSR told me that you can only request a CLI/apr reduction at least 12 months after your last request, but please call (or send a message) and ask to be sure.

From the information that was sent to me about checking LOC, the maximum limit is $15k. Hope it all works out for you!

And this is the problem with csr's nice or not... Navy will consider apr reductions every 12 months, true.

cli though... You can. Request monthly if you want, I suggest 3 months for first but depending on that increase being approved and rather sp or hp possibly just every 6 months after that.

3. Here on myfico we almost never recommend calling csr's for questions as we are a way better source of info here especially based on how little csr's usually know.

4. Op since you are talking about the loc and not a credit card if you have 14, the max is 15 and it's always a hp so I probably wouldn't request at all.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.