Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU LOC reporting

tag
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

NFCU LOC reporting

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NFCU NavCheck to start reporting on credit reports? I have only had it for a couple of weeks but I was just wondering if anyone knew a timeframe of when to expect it to begin. Thanks!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU LOC reporting

Its probably there already. It reports as over draft protection Amex hates seeing it. I know that much
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 30
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

how did you get a palladium??

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 30
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

is navcheck a loan?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 30
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Its probably there already. It reports as over draft protection Amex hates seeing it. I know that much

Argh! I wish I had known that first. I thought it would be listed as a revolving account. I also just applied for and recieved one with a $7,500 limit. I want an AmEx, thi is going to hurt rather than help?

Message 5 of 30
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

is navcheck a loan?

It is Overdraft Line of Credit.

Message 6 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Here is an old thread that discuses it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/LOC/m-p/570185#M181147

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 30
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Just curious... how did you find out that Amex doesn't like seeing it.  Did you recieve AA for having one?  Thanks for the feedback.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 30
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

I am curious as to why AMEX does not like it as well? The AMEX BCP is one of the cards that I would like to add to my wallet over the next year and am worried now that my LOC may hurt my chances...any input is appreciated!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 30
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

NavChek will report as revolving meaning the limit will be calculated into your overall util. When I added my $10,000 NavChek it lowered my util from 50% to 12% which increased FICO scores by 20+ points. To get NavChek to report sooner, I used $300 of it and paid it off in one month. The account was reporting within 3 weeks of my opening the account.

Regarding AMEX not liking this LOC, I have AMEX BCE $3500 CL. No problems yet. Can you please provide factual evidence that supports your claim that AMEX "hates" this LOC? It will really help this discussion. Thanks!
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.