Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU LOC reporting

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU LOC reporting

To answer the questions in order. We have chase private client banking and our pb signed us up for the palladium card. I've been trying to get my own Amex because my wife is the primary on it. I applied after getting nav check and the only reason for denial was accounts with high chance of default. And less then deseriable credit accounts.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 11 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

Ill take a picture of the denial letter if that is factual enough evidence.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 12 of 30
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

No need for pic. Appreciate you listing the denial reasons.
Message 13 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

This is the first that I've heard about Amex's disdain for LOC accounts as well. Perhaps they are less criticle when you already have established credit with them?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 14 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
To answer the questions in order. We have chase private client banking and our pb signed us up for the palladium card. I've been trying to get my own Amex because my wife is the primary on it. I applied after getting nav check and the only reason for denial was accounts with high chance of default. And less then deseriable credit accounts.

what's your fico swpopham?  What negatives if any and what does credit profile look like?  Aaoa, oldest cards etc. Make sure to list if au or not.   Which Amex btw?  I doubt loc really had anything to do with rejection.  Often times with rejection they just randomly lisT reasons that aren't primary cause for rejection.  Almost like nfcu loc treated like high risk consumer finance loan.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 15 of 30
GoingTo800
Contributor

Personally I would rather have anything NFCU than Amex, once I got my NFCU accounts I could not think of a good reason to allow amex the privilage of doing business with me since NFCU is so easy to work with Smiley Happy Get your Navy accounts and if you want amex apply for it, if they deny you then they were not worthy of your businsess, Never forget you are the consumer, you choose who gets your money.
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 16 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@GoingTo800 wrote:
Personally I would rather have anything NFCU than Amex, once I got my NFCU accounts I could not think of a good reason to allow amex the privilage of doing business with me since NFCU is so easy to work with Smiley Happy Get your Navy accounts and if you want amex apply for it, if they deny you then they were not worthy of your businsess, Never forget you are the consumer, you choose who gets your money.

backdating

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 17 of 30
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@GoingTo800 wrote:

Navy fed is a good credit union but there rewards suck.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 18 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@GoingTo800 wrote:

Navy fed is a good credit union but there rewards suck.

+1...I love Navy Fed, but there rewards structure does not compare. I spend quite a bit on groceries, and look forward to PCing to BCP in Oct to capaltilize onmy spending pattern...I don't want to jeopardize that earning potential....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 19 of 30
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@GoingTo800 wrote:

your comparing 2 different animals.  once navy loves you sure they will offer great limits, car loans etc. they will even give you a low apr no rewards card but with amex you have like already mentioned backdating and the rewards are pretty good if you know how to maximize them.

So does the LOC from nfcu report as revolving then?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.