Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU MAX CC Limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU MAX CC Limits

Hi Everyone,

Ive been a member of NFCU since 2010, perfect standing I have scores that are750+

I started off with a secured card with them that hadnt ever graduated I got the Amex card with them and just last month got the cash rewards, My question is am I only allowed to have 3 cards with them? I make 175K a year my dti is about 15%.

I keep seeing that 3 cards is the max. Im wanting to try for Flagship.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU MAX CC Limits

Yes, 3 cards are the max M8Smiley Happy. With income, scores and dti like yours, please enjoy all that Navy offersSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! Ok So I would need to close a card before applying. Yes they’ve been really good to me since establishing credit.

Awesome So is there a time frame between applying for new cards I’ve been seeing a 91/30 rule for NFCU.
Message 3 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I think you can combine two cards and then apply for another.

I also think you can product change an existing card into a flagship.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That sounds much better I’d hate to have a aaoa hit because of closing a card. 😬
Message 5 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! That sounds much better I’d hate to have a aaoa hit because of closing a card. 😬

Hi and welcome

There is no AAOA hit because you closed a card. Once it's closed, it stays on your credit for a minimum of 10 years.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Were you to transfer your limit from one card to another, Navy would close the donor card. Pcing doesnt close the card just changes it to the card you select.
Message 7 of 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

If you PC to the Flagship I don’t think you can get the sign up bonus. If you want the bonus combine 2 cards and then apply for the Flagship. I’m not sure if there is a waiting period after you combine before you can get a new card.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.