Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership? SP or HP ??

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Membership? SP or HP ??

Opting out won't affect a creditor's ability to HP your report ~ it only stops the CRAs from selling your info for promotional / marketing purposes.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 15
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Opting out won't affect a creditor's ability to HP your report ~ it only stops the CRAs from selling your info for promotional / marketing purposes.

Understandable.

My thinking is, if someone doesn't have an existing relationship with a creditor, in this case NFCU, and he/she is opted out, then a would be SP for membership only, would then have to be a HP -- since no existing relationship exists and no SP PP.

Otherwise, I still don't understand why I got HP'ed and others got SP'ed when we are only talking about membership.  I feel robbed =/ lol

Message 12 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah, i don't believe there is a way for creditors to know if you're opted out or not ~ it's just something between you and the CRAs.

I'm pretty sure that almost everyone gets a HP ~ there may a few exceptions, but this happens with every credit union when you apply for membership. They always do a HP.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 15
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Hmm...lets try this route. My wife was already a member (she is not military) and I got membership through her . Maybe that's why it was a SP.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

I applied to Join NFCU on 11-22-2013.  I just pulled EQ and see a SP from NFCU on record for same date.  I have not checked other CRAs yet, but I also have not been accepted or app'ed for any products. 

I also have a FA on all 3 CRAs since Oct 30, 2013 for 90 days.  which may or may not help in this situation.  Will verify with EXP and TU shortly and update if i see any other pulls for applying for membership. 

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.