Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards Amex vs Flagship

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU More Rewards Amex vs Flagship

I was just approved for the NFCU AMEX yesterday (always wanted an AMEX). Now I am wondering if I should have applied for the Flagship instead. How do they compare?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU More Rewards Amex vs Flagship

Hi @Anonymous, I've moved your post to a new thread to get your question more exposure.

--UB

Message 2 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

More Rewards is a no-fee grocery card.  Flagship Rewards is a travel card, and it has an annual fee.

More Rewards runs on the Amex payment network, but it is not an Amex card, so it doesn’t get you into the Amex family.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation. Looking at each of their offerings, I should have applied for the Platinum card with lower interest. I only use my credit cards for emergencies and large purchases.

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. Looking at each of their offerings, I should have applied for the Platinum card with lower interest. I only use my credit cards for emergencies and large purchases.

Call them and ask if you can change your existing card to a Platinum Visa or MC.

Historically the Amex hasn't been able to be changed to another card type, but there are recent reports that this may have changed.  If so, you might be able to change it to a Platinum Visa or Mastercard with a lower APR (but with no rewards, of course).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.