cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - New Member - Only "Offer" is a Secured NRewards Card - Rebuilding Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - New Member - Only "Offer" is a Secured NRewards Card - Rebuilding Advice?

I so appricate this advice.  THANK YOU.  Since I'm new, I have no idea what "AF" means, could you please define?  I promise I'll get the hang of all the acroynms on this forum. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - New Member - Only "Offer" is a Secured NRewards Card - Rebuilding Advice?

Cancel last message, I just found it on Google: AF = Annual Fee  for all the other newbies out there like me. 

Message 12 of 16
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

LOL there is an Abbreviation Forum here too to also help out with other Short Lingo Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cancel last message, I just found it on Google: AF = Annual Fee  for all the other newbies out there like me. 

Some of the credit starter cards like Credit One, Indigo and other cards charge very high annual fees. I guess that is one of the virtues of having those cards. Many people on the forum encourage users not go with those cards. OpenSky, Merrick, First Progress all have secured cards with reasonable fees. You could also look into Affinity CU in NJ  and SDFCU who offer secured cards that has no AF and they dont do credit check for secured cards. SDFCU card would graduate after 12 months. US Bank secured card is another secured card you can get with low scores and graduates after 12 months. I am pretty sure it is also easily approvable card. US Bank would do a hard inquiry.  Consider all the options you have. 

Also having some store cards is not a bad idea either for rebuliding. I'll leave that upto Credit Score experts to comment on it. Comenity has several cards that you can pre-qualify as the shopping card trick and get them approved. Search forum there is a thread on SCT cards. That is also another good start. I do not know the difference in scoring. I'll let others chime in who knows lot more details than me on this. But you can easily get one or two store cards with out hard pull.

All the best with your credit rebuilding.

Message 14 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

LOL there is an Abbreviation Forum here too to also help out with other Short Lingo Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous 

Common Abbreviations

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll seek that out so my newbieness is not so obvious!

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.