Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU PLATINUM CARD

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU PLATINUM CARD

The Platinum is a great card.  It's on my target list since it's with Navy Federal and has one of the lowest APRs you can find anywhere.  (I found a couple lower but they were with much smaller credit unions that are far away and that I don't do business with.)

I think everyone should keep one "low apr" card all the time just for when you know you won't be able to pay something off in full.  You can't always find a quick 0% transfer offer on an existing or new card.  (However, I would not recommend using this card for everyday spending you can PIF because you lose out on rewards.  But it is good to have as an option.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dilly Dilly! @Aim_HighSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good card for BT(s) from other cards and super awesome low APR if you qualify for it. 

Message 13 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good card for BT(s) from other cards and super awesome low APR if you qualify for it. 

Every year you can request a review for a lower interest rate.

Mine was recently reduced to 9.24%, making it one of my lowest rate credit cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

SJ, what was it previously? How much did they lower it?
Message 15 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

From $300😆
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked with NFCU yesterday and decided to keep my More Rewards card, I coukd have sworn when I read the Platinum card description and special that had it said 0% APR for 12 months but it was only for BT.
Message 17 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
SJ, what was it previously? How much did they lower it?

I think they lowered it by 2 points.

And they lowered my cash rewards card interest rate by about 5 points.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some NFCU Rep left a voice message today saying she is still trying to get me the 0% APR for 12 months on the Platinum card instead of the 0% BT for 12 months, last I heard the otrher day they could not do that so I was going to keep my More Rewards card which has 1.99% APR for 6 month then 13% APR for purhcases after that.

The Platinum card they want me to switch to offers an 11% APR for purhcases, no annual fee of course or foreign fees but down side is no rewards or cash back. The More Rewards card has a $3,000/90 day deal for a bonus, little steep for me. Making monthly payments on that much would be like acar payment to me.

What do you think I should do if they approve the 0% APR for 12 months? It seems in the long run

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.