cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU PLATINUM CARD

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

NFCU PLATINUM CARD

How does the NFCU Platinum card stack up against their other cards? I have their More Rewards AMX card.
They have a special deal on this card and a rep sent a request to his back office to have my Rewards card switched over to this card, no seperate application needed.

Hover Cursor Over Credit Cards to See Credit Limits

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Contributor

Re: NFCU PLATINUM CARD

I believe it's a cool card because it offers the lowest apr possible, if you maybe plan to do a bt and not pay it off within x months.
Open LOC:
Paid-off Installment Loans:
2018:
2019:
Message 2 of 19
Contributor

What's a BT?

Hover Cursor Over Credit Cards to See Credit Limits

Message 3 of 19
Regular Contributor

@Shoot2Thrill wrote:
What's a BT?

That’s a Balance Transfer 😀

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 8/7/19

FICO 9 as of 7/719

Sock Drawer:

Goal: Gardening until April 2020. 700 Club by 9/2019
Message 4 of 19
Contributor

@Peazmom wrote:

@Shoot2Thrill wrote:
What's a BT?

That’s a Balance Transfer 😀

and that typically means taking the balance from one of your higher apr cards and putting it on a new, lower apr card. at the end of the day, saving you a good chunk in interest. hope this helps! 

Open LOC:
Paid-off Installment Loans:
2018:
2019:
Message 5 of 19
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Plats a great card. Having a low apr card can be great for bts or just carrying a balance when needed. Plus no worries about $25 or $50 spend redemptionsSmiley Happy
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 6 of 19
Super Contributor

@Shoot2Thrill wrote:
How does the NFCU Platinum card stack up against their other cards? I have their More Rewards AMX card.
They have a special deal on this card and a rep sent a request to his back office to have my Rewards card switched over to this card, no seperate application needed.

It's one of my favorites.

7/31 FICO 8: EQ 751 TU 781 EX 748 Total revolving limits 713500 (592500 reporting)
Message 7 of 19
Senior Contributor

I wouldn’t have switched to the Platinum card unless you have a balance to transfer from another financial institution. It comes with 0% for 12 months on balance transfers only and no rewards while the More Rewards comes with 1.99% for 6 months on purchases plus a $300 sign up bonus for $3K or spend in 90 days.

If you have a balance to move from another financial institution and it’s a fantastic card for that since you get 12 months to pay it off with no fees. They also offer 0-1.99% APR no fee balance transfers after the holidays are over each year to help everyone get their Christmas spending paid off from higher interest cards.
70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 8 of 19
Valued Contributor

I'll let you know! Smiley Wink
New:

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 9 of 19
Established Member

Great for no fee BTs w 0% APR for a year; as low as 8.24% after that

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.