Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU PLATINUM CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU PLATINUM CARD

How does the NFCU Platinum card stack up against their other cards? I have their More Rewards AMX card.
They have a special deal on this card and a rep sent a request to his back office to have my Rewards card switched over to this card, no seperate application needed.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU PLATINUM CARD

I believe it's a cool card because it offers the lowest apr possible, if you maybe plan to do a bt and not pay it off within x months.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a BT?
Message 3 of 19
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What's a BT?

That’s a Balance Transfer 😀

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peazmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What's a BT?

That’s a Balance Transfer 😀

and that typically means taking the balance from one of your higher apr cards and putting it on a new, lower apr card. at the end of the day, saving you a good chunk in interest. hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Plats a great card. Having a low apr card can be great for bts or just carrying a balance when needed. Plus no worries about $25 or $50 spend redemptionsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How does the NFCU Platinum card stack up against their other cards? I have their More Rewards AMX card.
They have a special deal on this card and a rep sent a request to his back office to have my Rewards card switched over to this card, no seperate application needed.

It's one of my favorites.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t have switched to the Platinum card unless you have a balance to transfer from another financial institution. It comes with 0% for 12 months on balance transfers only and no rewards while the More Rewards comes with 1.99% for 6 months on purchases plus a $300 sign up bonus for $3K or spend in 90 days.

If you have a balance to move from another financial institution and it’s a fantastic card for that since you get 12 months to pay it off with no fees. They also offer 0-1.99% APR no fee balance transfers after the holidays are over each year to help everyone get their Christmas spending paid off from higher interest cards.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll let you know! Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great for no fee BTs w 0% APR for a year; as low as 8.24% after that

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.