Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum MasterCard

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Platinum MasterCard

After being in the garden for 2 weeks, I got an itch and applied for the NFCU Platnium MasterCard. Thought that free extended warranty service would be nice. Approved at 12.99% with a $2,500 limit.

Two weeks ago I got my Overdraft Line of Credit from them with a $7500 limit and a month ago I got the CashRewards Visa with a $7500 limit. I was sort of expecting the third limit to be around $7,500 too, perhaps they are thinking they extended enough credit to me! Smiley Happy

It's too bad I need to pick between cash back and the extended warranty. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum MasterCard

Navy, like other lenders, definitely has a limit as to how much they'll extend to any one person. As you build history with them, they'll definitely be giving you larger CLs, tho the ones you already got are nice. I believe they'll let you move credit around between CCs. So, you could split the difference and have $5k on each of the CCs if you want. The Navchek is completely separate, so you can't adjust that CL towards our CCs. 

Btw, they are more generous with people who also bank with them. So, if you don't have a ckg acct with them, you might consider that.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Ficojoe,

What are your scores?

Message 3 of 7
Gemini
Established Member

NFCU is very generous with time... I have 3 credit cards with them all with cl of 25,000 and a navchek of 10,000. I have been with them for 4 years or so now.

Message 4 of 7
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is very generous indeed, they are very generous with CLI just try to spread apart though because im almost 100% sure they pull hard inquiries. Just ask for a little more than you want incase they counter offer for future reference.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 7
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

On August 3rd, my TU FICO was 628. On July 21st, my Experian FICO was 641.

As of today, my FAKO scores per USAA are: Experian: 676, Equifax: 676, TransUnion: 575

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Ficojoe,

What are your scores?

Message 6 of 7
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Btw, they are more generous with people who also bank with them. So, if you don't have a ckg acct with them, you might consider that.

I just moved my checking to them. I waited to make sure they would approve NavCheck before I began using it. I made 1 deposit and have not spent from it yet. However, I am in the process of switching to them for my primary checking account.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.