Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Prepaid Visa Buxx for Teens

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

NFCU Prepaid Visa Buxx for Teens

Hello all,

I have a question concerning the pre-paid visa card from Navy Federal.  I went online to register my 14 year old son for one, & when creating the parent profile it asked for a social.  I am hesitant to fill this out at this time as I have a few recent inquiries right now, & don't want to create anymore if I don't have to.

Does any of you NFCU members have one of these for your teen?  Is the social request for identification only, or will they do a hard pull on my credit report?

Thanks 

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Prepaid Visa Buxx for Teens

I have it for my Grand Daughter..Smiley Wink

Love it..

Texts me when they make a purchase and running balance.

SS Id only no Hp for them

Do read fine print. If no purchases in 6 months I beleive theres a $1 a month Charge.

My Grandaughter will not have that Problem..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 2 of 7
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Assuming you already have an account/realtionship with them, they shouldn't need another HP from you for just this. And based on your sig its seems you already have account with them.

Message 3 of 7
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@hot4u wrote:

I have it for my Grand Daughter..Smiley Wink

Love it..

Texts me when they make a purchase and runnung balance.

SS Id only no Hp for them

Do read fine print. If no purchases in 6 months I beleive theres a $1 a month Charge.

My Grandaughter will not have that Problem..

Thanks for the info.!!

Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
Message 4 of 7
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Assuming you already have an account/realtionship with them, they shouldn't need another HP from you for just this. And based on your sig its seems you already have account with them.

Yes, I have an account.  Just inquiring about this card, since they don't have an actual teen checking.  I already have a teen account set up with him through Capital One 360; used to be ING Direct.  I just wanted him to get used to managing more than one account & having options.

I just wanted confirmation that it would not result in a HP.  Thanks for your input.  

Message 5 of 7
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

I have one for my 15yr old son it wasnt a hp funny thing when i called to inquire the csr didn't know about the buxx card lol

Message 6 of 7
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@credit-hunter wrote:

I have one for my 15yr old son it wasnt a hp funny thing when i called to inquire the csr didn't know about the buxx card lol

LOL!!  Thanks credit-hunter for your response!  I am now convinced it will not be a HP.  I will be ordering soonSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.