Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Product Change Maybe??

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Product Change Maybe??

With Navy Federal unsecuring my secured card yesterday (Actually happened on the 19th. Just noticed it yesterday though) I am now the owner of 3 nRewards cards.....Can I ask them to pc the one they just unsecured to something else?

If so, what are some good options? I travel a lot for my job, and currently I run those charges through my Zync (we all know how ineffective and kind of crappy those rewards are). I also just got a Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa that I'll be using too for the points there. I just don't want to sit on 3 nRewards cards.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Product Change Maybe??

@Sweets8E wrote:

With Navy Federal unsecuring my secured card yesterday (Actually happened on the 19th. Just noticed it yesterday though) I am now the owner of 3 nRewards cards.....Can I ask them to pc the one they just unsecured to something else?

If so, what are some good options? I travel a lot for my job, and currently I run those charges through my Zync (we all know how ineffective and kind of crappy those rewards are). I also just got a Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa that I'll be using too for the points there. I just don't want to sit on 3 nRewards cards.

You can call them and ask for PC, why not?  You will lose all of your points though, as NFCU doesn't transfer them, so you should spend them all before you PC.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 9
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

You can call them and ask for PC, why not?  You will lose all of your points though, as NFCU doesn't transfer them, so you should spend them all before you PC.

Good point. I'll do that first.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Cash rewards and flagship are good. Also platinum is not bad because the Apr is low low... platinum is a good Balance transfer card.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

i recently did a pc with navyfed i just emailed requesting my nrewards master to be converted to cash reards visa and gave me the siggy took 2 days before it reflect my account

Message 5 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

What is PC?

Message 6 of 9
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

What is PC?

It is a Product Change. kind of like going from a regular platinum card to a cash rewards card with the same issuer.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can change it to something else with NFCU too. I had a 7500 CL nrewards and a 2500 cash rewards, and I called to have them close the nrewards and add that CL to my other card, which had a lower interest rate ( not that I have ever paid any, but still). So now with them, I only have a cash rewards for 10k

Message 8 of 9
Voodard
Contributor

@webhopper:

+1 with regard to NFCU Visa Platinum being an excellent balance transfer card. I missed their 0% transfer offer earlier this year, but won't miss it again.

To the OP:

My NFCU Platinum card carries an annual interest rate of just 10.99%. This is fantastic because I don't value the other card products from NFCU; my CSP and Chase United MP Explorer and Citibank HHonors Visa are superior to NFCU rewards programs. I highly recommend you make one of those nRewards cards a Platinum card!

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.