Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Product Change

tag
cjc6464
New Contributor

NFCU Product Change

I have recently been approved for a Navy Federal CashRewards Card while doing an Auto Loan at the same time. I current also have a Capital One Quicksilver and feel like having two cards that have the same rewards structure is a bit of an overkill. Is is at all possible to product change to their American Express or is there a spacfic credit line you must have to be eligible. 

TIA 

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Product Change

Cancel the qs1 because it has an annual fee and higher interest rate. Plus, it will be near impossible to grow or product change.

Message 2 of 6
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Congrats on NFCU Auto Loan and cashRewards Card. NFCU will do HP's on everything but it's so WORTH IT!
Message 3 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

If your QS1 has an AF, that is the card you should cancel. IMHO the Navy CR is a superior card. It is easy to PC though and no HP will be involved.
Message 4 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would not cancel anything.

Check for PC on QS1 to QS.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 6
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

+1 I once fell into the Canceling CC's boat and wish I could go back and ride the wave. LOL

I wouldn't cancel if there is no AF.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.